Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm going all led for my car. autolumination.com's matrix bulbs in most places. my question is for the rear stop lights. stock is clear incandescent. so will the ultra white matrix bulbs be too bright and turn the brakes pink?

basically should I get them in ultra white or red led's.

they have a lot of trick stuff .

for my front signals i'm getting what's called the switchback. running light is white leds signal is amber.

rear turn are red matrix2 .

backup are ultra white matrix2

high stop is the oval ultra wide 921 led bulb

sidemarkers are inverted amber lense.

rear license plate lights are matrix 194's in ultra white. for every bulb expect interior , and headlights it'll only be like 160 shipped. but hey they should last the lifetime of the car :)

but again for rear stop should I use the ultrawhites or the reds?
remember stock brake light is clear incandescent with red plastic.

·
Registered
22 Posts
hotbox05 said:
i'm going all led for my car. autolumination.com's matrix bulbs in most places. my question is for the rear stop lights. stock is clear incandescent. so will the ultra white matrix bulbs be too bright and turn the brakes pink?

basically should I get them in ultra white or red led's.

they have a lot of trick stuff .

for my front signals i'm getting what's called the switchback. running light is white leds signal is amber.

rear turn are red matrix2 .

backup are ultra white matrix2

high stop is the oval ultra wide 921 led bulb

sidemarkers are inverted amber lense.

rear license plate lights are matrix 194's in ultra white. for every bulb expect interior , and headlights it'll only be like 160 shipped. but hey they should last the lifetime of the car :)

but again for rear stop should I use the ultrawhites or the reds?
remember stock brake light is clear incandescent with red plastic.

White LED's look like [email protected] shining through a colored lens. Use red with a red lens or orange with an orange lens.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good to know. now i'm hoping this is from some unfortunate personal experience , lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
do yourself a favor and get the flasher relay from www.superbrightleds.com instead (http://www.superbrightleds.com/tail-brake-turn.html). scroll down till you see electronic LED flashers. buy the CF18-08 model for "NEWER TOYOTAS". it's like $13 bucks but at least you can just take out your old flasher relay and replace instead of wiring it up.

as far as the brake lights goes, use the red if you want it to a be "true" red. the super whites will turn it lighter but don't think it'd turn it full on pink. i've taken several taillights apart and the plastic red inside looks like it still should retain most of the red but if you want to be on the safe side use the red. there's no sense in bothering when both of them are insanely bright anyway.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think i'm going to get the relay thru autolumination makes it easier. and they're both relay's . so should work. i almost forgot about that

·
Registered
22 Posts
hotbox05 said:
good to know. now i'm hoping this is from some unfortunate personal experience , lol
yep

LED's are monochromatic, meaning they produce 1 color. White light consists of many colors but true white light isn't readiy available from a single LED. Typically, they use a Gallium Nitride blue LED that is doped with phosphorus that we see as "white" though it actually looks more like a sodium vapor light like you see on streetlights. This is the blue that you see, or you could say the lack of red in proportion to blue. This is why it won't look good behind a red lens. It will look like a white LED behind a red lens but nothing close to a incandesent behind a red lens.

You're buying a couple for your backup lights, try it.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i will. i couldn't keep em i', only getting 7440 for the backup's not 7443. but yeah. almost 200 bucks in stuff . should be good times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.