Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of 17" wheels I put on my XB. I also have the TRD springs and I don't care for the rear wheels being inward more than the fronts.

It appears that the rear wheels are tucked inward more and aren't as close to the fender wells. I know some guys use wheel spacers, but was wondering what thickness I should get or, am I just going to have to get over the look?

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Lizard1, how do you like the 215/45 tires? I was wondering if they slow you down any considering they are like 3/4" taller than stock. I am debating wether to get 215/40's, 205/45's or 215/45's if I get 17x7's. Although I am still not sure if I should get 16x7's or 17x7's. I am pretty much shooting for 17x7's...
Pros and Cons?...Anyone?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hayalex6 said:
17x what? 17x7?

get 15mm spacers, maybe even 20.
Yup, 17 x 7. 15 or 20?!?! That sounds like it could cause some serious strain. I'd think it would be 10 mm, but 20 seems really thick to be safe.

Maybe I'm wrong?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
swede said:
Hey Lizard1, how do you like the 215/45 tires? I was wondering if they slow you down any considering they are like 3/4" taller than stock. I am debating wether to get 215/40's, 205/45's or 215/45's if I get 17x7's. Although I am still not sure if I should get 16x7's or 17x7's. I am pretty much shooting for 17x7's...
Pros and Cons?...Anyone?

Actually, with my wife pacing me in my truck, it was almost dead on MPH-wise. As far as if it drags the motor down, etc. - I really don't think you can notice the difference since these cars only make just over 100 hp, anyways.

I'm used to 165 hp plus 1000 racebikes. Hell, our 600s make over 20 hp more than our boxes do. You notice changes in those types of machines - not a minimal amount of difference in a machine that is over 2600 pounds and only 100 hp...

However, the handling is where it is effected. It handles great - for what it is - and I am definately happy I didn't do the 205 size route...

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I love the 17x7 and the 215x45 tires they are great. On the spacers I will say that they do tuck a little too much in the rear like you can see. There really is not much more weight to these tire and wheel combo as apposed to the stock set up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was kinda wondering the same thing.. I want a wide stance(that is safe of course) and is even.. I got 17x8 ET35...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got 20mm spacer shims on each side of mine so a total of 40mm. I just rolled my rear fenders for clearance and my 19's sit nice with my Tanabe DF210's

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Lizard1 is that photo of your XB with the TRD springs? I also have the TRD springs. Is there any rubbing issues with the 215/45's? The guy at the tire store told me that the tires might rub if my XB is lowered and I run 215/45 R17 tires. He suggested 205/45's or 215/40's. But I really like the 215/45's plus they add more cush to the ride and may protect the rim better than other sizes. Can you post a close up pic of the wheel/fender.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
swede said:
Hey Lizard1 is that photo of your XB with the TRD springs? I also have the TRD springs. Is there any rubbing issues with the 215/45's? The guy at the tire store told me that the tires might rub if my XB is lowered and I run 215/45 R17 tires. He suggested 205/45's or 215/40's. But I really like the 215/45's plus they add more cush to the ride and may protect the rim better than other sizes. Can you post a close up pic of the wheel/fender.
I'll shoot some pics tomorrow. There's NO WAY they'll rub. The clearance is substantial to the degree I'd almost like it dropped another 1/2 - 1"...

·
Registered
515 Posts
Lizard1 said:
I'm used to 165 hp plus 1000 racebikes. Hell, our 600s make over 20 hp more than our boxes do. You notice changes in those types of machines - not a minimal amount of difference in a machine that is over 2600 pounds and only 100 hp...
Do you race? If so, what kinda bike? Love your avatar...:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sounds good. I am gonna order my Enkei RPF1 17x7 rims and 215/45 tires tomorrow. What brand tires are you running, I am planning on getting BFGoodrich G-Force Sport. Did you get wheel spacers yet?

Hold that thought!

Well.........after some long thinking I am actually gonna go with 16x7 Enkei RPF1 and 205/50 tires. Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SoCal_ShadowXB said:
Do you race? If so, what kinda bike? Love your avatar...:D
Yeah... Benn road racing bikes for over 12 years. The Avatar is a shot from this past season on a buddy's bike while we raced an endurance round. He always has offensive to wild colors. ***** Blue is his trademark colorway. The way he figures it, it's gotta suck to be passed by a girlie looking bike...

Typically, we have run all GSXRs since 2002, but it was Kawasakis before that with Team Green...

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I'm running 25mm spacer on a 40 off-set 18 x 7.5 and just barely rub with Tein S-Techs and 300+ lbs in back. A 42 off-set and a 25mm spacer is almost perfect. Would put you at 17 off-set. If I was to go one size smaller tire I probably wouldn't rub at all. And I could use a fender roller if I had one.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Padanky said:
I'm running 25mm spacer on a 40 off-set 18 x 7.5 and just barely rub with Tein S-Techs and 300+ lbs in back. A 42 off-set and a 25mm spacer is almost perfect. Would put you at 17 off-set. If I was to go one size smaller tire I probably wouldn't rub at all. And I could use a fender roller if I had one.
Just on the rear, right? Anything for the front?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.