Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious what kinds of oils everybody is running. My '06 has 2200 miles on it and I'm chomping at the bit to change it.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I am gonna use up my free oil changes from Scion, and then switch over to Mobil 1. I swear by that stuff!

·
Registered
29 Posts
ya man use up ur free scion oil changes if u dont have any ask the dealer even they will tell u the car is happiest on cheap oil u dont need anything special they run great on whatever

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I just used my last free oil change so I'm going with Royal Purple on my next one and probly the rest. I do no Highway driving and It is bad on a car. So $45 is worth it. I have under 10,500 and have had it since Dec. 04'. Low miles is a good thing, but all in-town miles isn't. 1/4 mile here and a 1/4 mile there is bad on a motor.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm gonna use my 3 free OC's. Been using M1 on Honda's for years. But I hear over at "Bob is the oil guy . com" that German made Castrol Syntec is the s**t. I have been looking and have been unable to find any though...only US made from imported stocks.

http://bobistheoilguy.com/

·
Registered
368 Posts
German Castrol here, matches my green theme.
yes it is green and can be found only, repeat only at Autozones.(but I bought all I could find, should have enough to do my car for another 50k or so.

back to the swamp and my lily pad.:)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As an Oregon Ducks football season ticket holder, green makes it even more desirable! Right on.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
HULK said:
by the way padanky thats a phat photo looks like a square tornado whippin around :)
Sure does, Never thought of it like that!

·
Registered
212 Posts
honestly, i swear by royal purple,either that or a penzoil with marvel mystery oil mixture ;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just a little info for you guys wanting to use Royal Purple. That oil is actually a racing oil and does not meet SAE standards for the auto industry. If you ever had an engine problem and the dealer knew about that oil being used,you might run into warranty issues. Don't get me wrong,I think Royal Purple is a great oil, but they just have not gotten around to getting certified for street use. I guess it costs millions to get certified for the first time....rumor I heard. Redline oil makes a great product that IS certified from the SAE for street use. I use their synthetic gear oil which I changed over at my first oil change...3000 mi.

I use Mobil1 5w30 with a Mobil1 filter....I'm changing back to the stock Toyota filter next time around though...the Toyota one is a better built filter.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just used the royal purple oil for my first non toyota oil change....This might be me, but I think it runs better. Has Any one else had the same experience? Is this oil bad for freeway miles

·
Registered
6 Posts
Amsoil. This is the stuff. I've been using it for a few years, first with my diesel pickup then in my toaster and an old Toyota pickup. Gotta love the change interval, too! I never used any of my free dino oil changes since I'm so familiar with the superior benefits of Amsoil (no, I'm not an Amsoil dealer!).

Check here:
https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/tso.aspx

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.