Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys used any stuff like slick 50 in your cars, and did it work Brett

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
NO!!!

Please, be nice to your poor little box and don't do something like that to it. :(

Just use a nice synthetic or synthetic blend oil and genuine Toyota filters.

·
Registered
974 Posts
^^^ What he said, except that you don't even need anything more than regular oil as long as you keep up on your oil changes.

Fluid additives like oil treatments, fuel octane boosters, and coolant chemicals are only out there to suck money out of people that don't know anything about cars. They put all this stuff on the bottles about how this increases by x% or wear is redused by y%. It's all BS.

Just stick with factory recommended fluids and standard parts for maintence needs.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
true true, ive worked at autozone for 5+ years. and so alot of research of all the products ive sold. the actual helping percent or % of active ingredient that is GOOD for the car is VERY minimal. the car is new. stick with the factory fluids and things, a nice synthetic oil like Mobile 1 is a good choice. these other products do not protect against wear they take cars that are already worn out and give them a little life line. i do not recommend for new vehicles.

if you wanna do your car a favor, change the oil to Mobile 1 and run a take of high test fuel every once in a while.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Yea dont use the additives in a new car like in the Scion. However for older cars (15+ years old) I do recommend Lucas additive. The people I saw that rolled through this summer with 200000+ miles on their car, were religious about oil change timing and quite a few used Lucas once the car got high mileage (150000+) . For your Scion, dont use it. Itll only make things worse at this point in the cars life.

SCotty

·
Registered
144 Posts
Don't futz up yer motor...just use good oil!
I prefer synthetic. if it's a brand new car, wit about 3 oil changes to give the motor time to "break in" then go to synthetic...I like mobil 1 best...

·
Registered
974 Posts
I also believe Castrol make the best oils.

I don't use synthetics though. I believe engines do just fine on regular oils as long as you change them when you should.

·
On here once in a while!
547 Posts
^^^Agreed 100%
I work at a Nissan dealership and all you have to do is keep up with the oil changes...nothing else!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.