Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my oil pressure gauge hooked up today. That was a long adventure that I'll tell you about some other time. The problem I'm having is that the needle now moves to 0 when I turn on the key but it doesn't go any higher than that. (before I connected the sender unit it didn't move at all) I checked to make sure the sender unit is grounded and that the sender wire connection is firm and making good contact. Anybody have any suggestions on why this is not working or any other tests I can perform to diagnose the problem?

This is my first electrical sending oil pressure gauge. I'm used to the old school sender units that required an oil line all the way to the back of the gauge.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hmmm.. Im not really familar with how the sandwhich plate works, I understand how it and where it goes.. but does oil actually get sent to the pressure sender or does the oil send pressure thru the plate and out to the sender... It could be a bad sender or plate.. If all else fails you could go to the oil pressure sender on the front of the engine and hook the sender up with a T to check and see if the sender works there.. If you get the same result then the sender is bad..

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ProshopXB said:
Hmmm.. Im not really familar with how the sandwhich plate works, I understand how it and where it goes.. but does oil actually get sent to the pressure sender or does the oil send pressure thru the plate and out to the sender... It could be a bad sender or plate.. If all else fails you could go to the oil pressure sender on the front of the engine and hook the sender up with a T to check and see if the sender works there.. If you get the same result then the sender is bad..
That's the whole reason I used the Greddy plate adapter so I wouldn't have to remove the stock sender unit. Thanks though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.