Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon all,

I purchased a Oil Pressure gauge (electrical gauge) and also the Oil Pressure sensor. I took a look under the hood and I can't figure out how to install this thing.

Anyone bought one that has installed it???
Also I have the Water Temp gauge and also the AC Autotechnic adaptor for the sensor that I need to install.

I would like to do all of this at once anyone know a good place to get all the work done or know how to do this.

I am willing to pay someone to do this as long as it gets done correctly.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Kenny

·
NO CLUB
369 Posts
Ok, I installed some gauges a while back for a customer. If I remember correctly, if you are under the car, and look on the back side of the motor, there is a fitting on the block that looks kinda like a spout. Unscrew it, and put the water temp sender in there with some thread tape.
From up top, on the front of the motor below the intake manifold, find the stock oil pressure sender. Remove it, and install a T fitting, with both the stock and the new oil senders. Dont forget the thread tape.

I hope this helps, this was like 2.5 years ago when I did this.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After reading the "how to" on installing a sending unit for an oil pressure gauge I thought what a major pain in the ass that is. This is a much easier alternative plus it gives you the option to install an oil temp sensor as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OIL-FILTER-SANDWICH-ADAPTER-SCION-XB-XA-TC_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ46100QQihZ015QQitemZ250071643882
Yea... I've been delaying my install cuz I dont have the time... but that plate looks like a easy way to get the job done... I just looked up AC Autotechnic and they have a similiar product that does the same..

So I may pick up the AC Autotechnic one and do the install one of these weekends...

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Yea... I've been delaying my install cuz I dont have the time... but that plate looks like a easy way to get the job done... I just looked up AC Autotechnic and they have a similiar product that does the same..

So I may pick up the AC Autotechnic one and do the install one of these weekends...
If you get the Autotechnic one be prepared to do some shopping around for fittings. I bought the Autotechnic, the FX1 and the Ggreddy. I had fitment issues with all of them. The sender unit was a different size than the threads in the adapter. I finally located an adapter for the threads at a fitting supply shop in Santa Ana.

Believe it or not, the 25 dollar one from eBay is the best one. It is already drilled for the NPT threads and not metric.

Good luck and have fun.

Reactions: Cravin

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you get the Autotechnic one be prepared to do some shopping around for fittings. I bought the Autotechnic, the FX1 and the Ggreddy. I had fitment issues with all of them. The sender unit was a different size than the threads in the adapter. I finally located an adapter for the threads at a fitting supply shop in Santa Ana.

Believe it or not, the 25 dollar one from eBay is the best one. It is already drilled for the NPT threads and not metric.

Good luck and have fun.

Thanks Taz for your input....
I will order the ebay one and try that out first. I don't have time to go out and look for all the fittings and etc.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts

Good luck and have fun.
Yeppers, the AC Autotechnic only works w/ their gauges IIRC. The threading is different, and you have to get adaptors as Taz states for the different threading.

I learned the hard way also.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for your input guys,
I am looking into getting the eBay one linked above and give it a shot.

I already have all the other adaptors for my other gauges.. the Oil Pressure was the last one I was really having trouble with.

Thanks again guys for all your input.

·
TEAM RED CUP
278 Posts

Good luck and have fun.
so my problem now is i bought the greddy one. and yes it don't fit the glowshift oil pressure sender. What was did you have to do Taz?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Good Afternoon all,

I purchased a Oil Pressure gauge (electrical gauge) and also the Oil Pressure sensor. I took a look under the hood and I can't figure out how to install this thing.

Anyone bought one that has installed it???
Also I have the Water Temp gauge and also the AC Autotechnic adaptor for the sensor that I need to install.

I would like to do all of this at once anyone know a good place to get all the work done or know how to do this.

I am willing to pay someone to do this as long as it gets done correctly.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Kenny
On my Box I used an Oil Adaptor that goes up in front on the OIL Filter. Its made by Greddy. Then you can screw the sensor into that block and put your Oil Filter Back up

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.