Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up my xB tommorrow and had a question on what will fit.
The wheels I want say they have a 42mm offset, is this ok for the xB?
Thanks.

Douglas

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking 17x7. Don't want to go to wide.
Douglas

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Douglas said:
I'm thinking 17x7. Don't want to go to wide.
Douglas
Then you're in! I have OTG 10mm shims in the rear to push out the tires, but no rubbing whatsoever (With a 2" drop.)

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Yea theyll fit but they wont look good unless you get some 25 mm studded spacers in back. theyre gonna look sunken in and kinda gross IMHO.

get some wheels that fit and have the right offset and youll be much happier.

if you wanna stay skinny, look for something that is 17x7 with 15 offset or so. i would say do a wider rim and itll be fine too. ive ran 9" wide in the back and thats not a problem at all. just depends on how much you want to spend and how many heads you wanna turn! ;-)

scott

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
ScionScotty said:
Yea theyll fit but they wont look good unless you get some 25 mm studded spacers in back. get some wheels that fit and have the right offset and youll be much happier.
That's my dilemma...... But trying to find a 17" with the right width and offset, plus meet the budget = :(

For now!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do I only need to put spacers on the rear? Or does the front need them as well? thanks

Douglas

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
you wont NEED them but its gonna look a tad sunken in, and not very sightly IMO. you wont need them, but it will definetly look better with them on. if nothing else, spend 100 bucks and get just the rears if thats all you can afford.

dtrain, theres nothing wrong with spacers and things like that. thats why i like the sport max line, cheap and pretty wide wheels you can space out. for hells sake lets look at Brads and Steves xBs and those are the hottest out there IMO! you dont have to have super duper expensive rims if you can get it spaced out right with good sizes. just one thing to remember when looking at cars, its ALL in the stance usually!

scott

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know it doesn't need spacers. I just want to do it right the first time. If I space the front, how much. In looking a little farther the wheels I want also come in a 35mm offset, would this be better? Again thanks for all the info.

Douglas

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Re: Offset and spacer questions.

:confused: I am running 18X7 4-100 40HSM Sakata 4s, with 225.40x18Yokohama S.Drive wheels. I would really like to put 25mm spacers on the back wheels. Can I do that without causing rubbing of the sidewalls? I don't lower the car 'cause it's my everday drive, and I can't afford (not do I want) the air system.

Can anybody help? Ron

[/IMG]

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Re: Offset and spacer questions.

:confused: I am running 18X7 4-100 40HSM Sakata 4s, with 225.40x18Yokohama S.Drive wheels. I would really like to put 25mm spacers on the back wheels. Can I do that without causing rubbing of the sidewalls? I don't lower the car 'cause it's my everday drive, and I can't afford (not do I want) the air system.

Can anybody help? Ron

[/IMG]
Your answer could be here. :)

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
so many people using Honda wheels on the xB still. there are wheels with the correct offsets for ours cars now. why buy wheels and then have to spend more money on e spacers/ shims to get the "look"? do it right the 1st time. like me.

·
Registered
252 Posts
so many people using Honda wheels on the xB still. there are wheels with the correct offsets for ours cars now. why buy wheels and then have to spend more money on e spacers/ shims to get the "look"? do it right the 1st time. like me.
Jim, what are you running on your toaster? I have 18x7 - 40s all around, with 225/40x18s. What should I be running? Thanks, Ron:confused:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts