110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Information:

Auto thread size = M8x1.25
Manual thread size = M12x1.25

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had an 8 ball but the cheesey plastic insert/adapter stripped out so i'm back to stock. Gotta figure out a good metal alternative.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

·
Track an EVO
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
26 Posts
Check out SickSpeed. They make some great inexpensive knobs. Hope you didnt get your cheesy knob from there :D

Heres their site & they do have a large presence on Ebay.
Got mine from Autozone and the knob itself is fine. It's the plastic insert or adapter that was terrible.

Thanks for the link.

·
Track an EVO
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks super cool. Great idea taking a pool ball & tapping in the treads

Did you tap it yourself & if so, How do you do that?

·
TRDxB2
49 Posts
Originally drilled a hole (bud held the ball) then was able to screw on shaft because and used a tap. For Scion the hole was too big so I filled with a plastic compound re-drilled (different bud) and tapped it again. Can't remember metric size.

Process would be easier with a drill press. PS: The pool ball was part of an old incomplete set in parent's garage at the time and is will over 60 years old and is slightly smaller than a regulation size.

·
Track an EVO
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now that is a shift knob:D

Where did you order that? or was it a special one off?

Thanks for posting!

Joe

·
Track an EVO
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^^Thanks for posting up. That is one unique looking shift knob & boot!!!

---------- Post added 04-22-2013 at 10:49 AM ----------

Also, Likin the stance of your XB2. Would like to see a few more shots

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts

TRD leather wrapped knob. The only thing I remembered to grab off my tC when I traded it in... Left that nice carbon fiber engine cover on like a jack ass...

·
Registered
39 Posts
heres mine in my 2012,its a 13 speed shift knob from my 2008 peterbuilt at work,they had to replace the shift shaft i took out the old shifter and epoxied it on,it trips people out when they see it thinking i had the transmission modified,
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Track an EVO
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^^Now that I like. Been in the heavy duty commercial truck/trailer biz for many years

Well done :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
thanks,i like being a little different from the norm,now i am trying to figure out how to mount the 22.5 alcoas on there,hahahahahahahahah,just kidding on that one,

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts
How the hell do you go from driving a 13 speed to an auto every day? I get in an auto and I'm looking for the clutch, trying to heel-toe shifts.... ect ect.

·
Registered
39 Posts
How the hell do you go from driving a 13 speed to an auto every day? I get in an auto and I'm looking for the clutch, trying to heel-toe shifts.... ect ect.
its hard but now that i have been local for a year its not so bad,when i was running arizona nevada and california thats when i would have problems even felt like i was in a gocart:D

·
Registered
118 Posts

---------- Post added 04-22-2013 at 10:49 AM ----------

Also, Likin the stance of your XB2. Would like to see a few more shots
Thanks man sorry haven't been on in a lil bit been getting the car ready for exposed ill try and take some more shots of the car since the pic I posted was before I got my coils now I'm sitting a lil lower atleast until I can roll and flare fenders

Sent from my pocket!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts