Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1763 Posts

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My progress, and Gotbox can add some of his in as well...

We are going Hood Ride. Time to step outside of the normal xB mods (nothing wrong with VIP/Show/JDM) and do something that it takes balls to do.

RUST IT UP!

So here's what I've got going on for day 1:

Mooneyes Mirror
shaving side view OEM mirrors (in process, need to make plates)
removed most of the clear coat on the hood
lowered front about 3/4" more and rear about 1/2" more.

So far... thats it. And thats all you get until tomorrow.

Tomorrow intitles, sanding hood, removing OEM fogs, and adding 5" round yellow fogs in the bottom grill.

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've got a good size blind spot, but its not too bad after you figure out where it should be. Gotta tweak with it a few times after making short drives on the road. Then you'll find the sweet spot, and it'll be great. Very solid and sturdy btw.

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, it is deffently going to take the norm, and the traditionalist idea's and run them over with a steam roller. lol.

Right now my air craft paint remover is going to town on the hood. Although I have used most of it up getting paint off my driveway (never drop a paint gun full of primer.... what a mess) and it had been sitting in my garage for almost a year now, so its not as strong. So I guess I'll be doing some sanding later.

Fog lights are "out for delivery" so they will be here around 5:30 - 6pm. And I am about to go remove the OEM fogs while the paint stripper does it thing. Took the day off work to make some headway on the project.

Also thinking about cutting up the oem grill and making it a open mesh grill. Just gotta remember to bring the fiberglass home from work so that I can accomplish that. lol.

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Air craft paint remover FTW....

B-
That stuff will tare into paint good, only if the clear coat is well stripped.

I ran out of remover, but after getting a second opinion from James (yellowsub) I think this way will look more natural.

ON WITH THE PICS!

Thats all paint, primer, and clear coat from the hood on the ground.

There's the hood some what stripped. This will give it more of a natural look. Probably going to take more paint off though.

Lunch brake! Drove the hoodless Hoodride to Skyline Chilli (if you don't live in Cincinnati area, you'll never fully understand the true epicness of the Cincinnati style chilli. Nothing like a 3way for lunch. Spaghetti, Chilli and cheese.... Not two chicks and me. lol. Sad, when you live in Cincy long enough, 3way means food, not sex. lol

Anyways, there's the lunch update.

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
this has been in discussion for a while now. Cody and I (crxgames) have been talking about doing it for since early spring. I finally photoshoped one up, and decided that it'll work. lol.

Oh and Gothbox is getting in on the hoodride action.

Just because we are starting the newiest xB style, don't mean you can't hop in line and roll rust with us.

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
well hell cody. you've seen pics of my past cars....

all flat black. lol.

No Shine!

hoods back on. But only after peeing on it, bleeching it, spraying it with salt water, vinegar, and some snot from deep with in my throat came went on to help with oxidizing.

KC Yellow fog light (the picture for the ad shows two, I get one. Pretty pissed about that misleading sale. And it wasn't threw eBay...). But I kinda like it with a uni fog.

OEM fogs pulled and for sale (or trade for fog light fillers)

·
Registered
63 Posts
theres a company that sells large diameter steelies, if steelies arent hood, then damn i guess i dont know what hood is

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
It's a kind of interesting look with a single fog. I like how it matches amber in the headlights. For some reason i get more of a "rally" feel from it than "hood", but lets see how it all falls together. You took the xB to a different direction, major props :cool:
Have you decided on the wheels yet? I think flat black steelies with chromed lip or a beauty ring would look good.

·
Registered
10,242 Posts
like cody mentioned earlier, bleach that hood about now. that should help process and get results. i know you wont be able to wait too long for that hood to turn it into a rust bucket. ;)

btw, aircraft stripper does wonder. i took that to my LS430 rear trunk handle to show the chrome and it worked immedeatly.

·
Banned
53 Posts
definitely need thick whitewalls; coker tires. anybody ever run those on the scion xb? that would look very nice and will have flow i think.

1 - 20 of 1763 Posts