Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need two caps for the factory style spoiler. I bought an OEM cf spoiler several months ago from someone. While the spoiler was in perfect shape, the caps were really beat up. I need either cf or BSP. Possibly even TCM. I tried ordering them from Toyota but they don't sell them by themselves :( Any help would be great, thanks

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Dew, one option is to sand them down, apply a small coat of Bondo, smooth them out, and then repaint them. Or, see if any junkyards around have any wrecked xBs in them and go parts hunting.

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I thought about that, but the only problem is (at least with one of them) it looks like when they pried the caps out the first time they jammed a screwdriver in between the layers of the cf and tore them apart. When I put them on mine, I siliconed the caps in and kinda siliconed the cap together as well until I found something better. So I'm sure taking the cap off this time to work on it, would probably destroy it completly. There's alot of options I could do, but I was lazy and am just trying to find some caps so I don't have to do any work first lol

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Ah ok. Yeah clear silicone can do some wonders sometimes.

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
How about this, you know the CF applique for the fuel door? well use either that, or something similar to that. (CF type stufff at pep boys, kragen, etc.)
Trace the diameter of the cap onto the CF material and cut it to shape. It has a double sided tape (or put double sided tape.) which will stick to the inner edge of the hole.

When I purchased my CF Spoiler couple years back, the "cap" was very similar to the "CF Fuel Door Applique" material. At first, the cap didn't want to stick. (to much gap between the nut and the cap.) I put a thicker double sided tape, and now it's all better.

Hope this helps

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
^^^Ooh, good idea! I know some shops that will sell the cf vinyl for around $3-5/foot.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Dew said:
hmm, I'll have to look into that, thanks
I may have some scraps laying around. Let me know the sizes and I'll have them at Scion Kickoff on saturday, or I can drop them in the mail.

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey thanks man, I'll measure them out tomorrow. I may be at that show, I'll let you know

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have about 100sqft feet of unfinished 2x2 carbon twill (on a 5' roll) if you need a few snippets and don't mind doing a little bit of work to 'glass them in - if you don't like the way the faux-vinyl looks when done. Cost me all of $.39 to mail it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.