Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bad Choice McGee
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know that the Scion xB is a little bit harder to obtain than I originally expected.

Now I know that one can get a bank loan working for less than a month... with some persistance and help from someone working in the financing department.

Now I know that a lot of banks that offer car loans will not allow a Scion to be financed in Canada because it is an "American car".

Now I know that if I have to settle for anything beside an xB, I will do it half heartedly... either settle or wait 65 days... BUT I WANT IT NOW!!!

Anyone else have a learning experience because of their xB?

·
Bad Choice McGee
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm from Calgary. The guy told me that there is no market price for the xB yet which is why they won't finance it. I guess the car needs to be a little more established in Canada. Not even the Toyota financing department was going to finance the xB. The guy is still fighting to help me.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Are they kidding?

Wow, I guess things are really different up there.
And I always thought you Canadians were generally more sensible than us. ;)

Check out these threads:
http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f2/6128-need-backup-my-dad-hates-xb/?highlight=knew

Consumer Reports Rated the xB #3 in their top ten lists of cars most likely to retain their values:
http://autos.msn.com/advice/CRArt.aspx?contentid=4024366

Car & Driver rated it #1 against the other box wannabes:
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...ous-boxes.html

I can’t find it now, but someone posted a link somewhere around here where the xB made a top ten list of cars that would most likely turn into collectors items in the future.

Heck, do you folks use blue book vales up there?

Seriously show them how much used xBs sell for.
Can they name any other vehicle out there that GAINS value when driven off the lot?

Bring some of those articles in with you, there's lots of good stuff out there.

·
Bad Choice McGee
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's something funny. Toyota won't even finance the xB for the same reasons.

The problem is that it's a bank. There isn't really much of a blue book price right now i'm guessing just because of the fact that they aren't supposed to be sold in Canada.

Here i'll crunch a few numbers on stats I have seen for xBs in Canada:

2006 xB with 1,500 miles: $24,995.00
2006 xB with 14,000 miles: $24,995.00
2006 xB with 30,000 miles: $22,977.00
2005 xB with 60,000 miles: $19,995.00
2006 xB in a car wreck and written off: $8,500.00

These are all in Canadian funds btw :p

They said there is a way around the issue with the bank although the guy that sold me on the xB i'm looking at didn't give me any new news today. He said he will talk to the finance guy tomorrow and see if there is any hope left.

If that doesn't work, i'll probably have to wait until May to see if I can get a loan from my bank (PCFinancial gives personal loans that can be used on anything) or... save up money or something... which will take just as long.

Any Canadians have any ideas?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Run across the border and buy in the US. Have a friend in Montreal that went to NY and bought one there and then drove it back to Canada.

·
Bad Choice McGee
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's that whole 2 more month thing. If there is really no way for me to get the car otherwise, I will wait. But i'm not giving up all hope yet. Just wish I could pass on that car guide to the bank guys to show them that it's a valid investment of their money.

·
Bad Choice McGee
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The one thing that i'm appreciating is the work that the finance guy is going through to get me this car. He probably knows that if I don't get it that I will probably walk away empty handed. Every day that goes by I am more determined to get an xB and everytime I look at cars that I was considering, there are just too many out there for me to feel like the vehicle would be an extension of my personality...

Again, with me, I want unique cars that are affordable. If I had the cash, I would probably buy the Lotus Elise in the Country Hills Toyota. But of course that's just a "what if" car for me. the Scion xB is one of the most unique cars on the market and I want one. I can wait two months if I can't get it now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.