Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am dying to do something to my car. I am waiting for a couple bids to hopefully go through on ebay for some speaker covers for the front and rear speakers. I am trying to save the money for springs. So my point is.. I am in one of those moods where I have to do something to my bop. any ideas for inexpensive mods? Kinda looking for interior mods.. but open to all suggestions or ideas :D

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Is your interior painted yet?

I just went crazy on mine :eek: But the compliments are all positive!!

I painted the dash the speedo/clock housing, mirror, shift plastic piece, door controls, light, "hang on" handles ... unfortuneatly for me theres nothing left to paint. :)

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
i've done a tone of little mods to my car. tint over the gauges and mirror and tail lights. taken the rear hatch insert out and rewraped it in yellow silk. made own shift know, changed dome light:p like she said you can paint a bunch of stuff. and each thing only costs between 10 and 20 to do.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
yellow_sub said:
i've done a tone of little mods to my car. tint over the gauges and mirror and tail lights. taken the rear hatch insert out and rewraped it in yellow silk. made own shift know, changed dome light:p like she said you can paint a bunch of stuff. and each thing only costs between 10 and 20 to do.
Ok, I saw James' yellow sub today, and man oh man, he's got a really nice RS 2.0! I did not realize how much work he has put into his xB already!

VERY NICE!

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
thank you so much. that means a lot comming from you since your car is sooo nice. i guess i need to up date my pics on here.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I used craft paint tho bc I couldn't find a color I liked and I wanted metallic look. So mine looks like its sponge painted. Real girly! lol

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
First of all you have to remove all the parts. I removed ALL of mine but I can't do a write up Im not good at that. :(
The parts snap in with hooks so you have to use a flat head screwdriver to lift them up.

Well find out where we are supposed to post this and we can add how toos and let you know!

Krylon Fusion for plastic

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I want to do some stuff to mine but i don't want to hurt it.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LuvmyxB said:
First of all you have to remove all the parts. I removed ALL of mine but I can't do a write up Im not good at that. :(
The parts snap in with hooks so you have to use a flat head screwdriver to lift them up.

Well find out where we are supposed to post this and we can add how toos and let you know!

Krylon Fusion for plastic

Hmmmm I'm liking the idea of painting the inside. I'm gonna go check out the colors tomorrow.. see if there's a color I like. Not to sure what color I wanna do yet though..

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
i think its more practical to do the www.rvinyl.com stuff so you can remove it if you dont like it, but thats just me. thats cheap. boo door locks are sorta cheap. paint the knobs at least. LEDs. all good stuff

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
ScionScotty said:
i think its more practical to do the www.rvinyl.com stuff so you can remove it if you dont like it, but thats just me. thats cheap. boo door locks are sorta cheap. paint the knobs at least. LEDs. all good stuff
Yep, that's what I used and it was cheap and easy:

·
Registered
239 Posts
if your going for the JDM look... the BEST AND CHEAPEST JDM MOD is to set your clock to tokyo time! YEAH!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Well I painted mine bc for ME I like the feeling of knowing I did it. I like the rvinyl too but then, I liked the painted look bc it goes all the way around to all edges. No more silver showing KWIM!

They're both nice and both a cool idea!!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
LuvmyxB said:
Well I painted mine bc for ME I like the feeling of knowing I did it. I like the rvinyl too but then, I liked the painted look bc it goes all the way around to all edges. No more silver showing KWIM!

They're both nice and both a cool idea!!
And that's exactly the way it should be for YOU. I like that idea that I painted my knobs and put the rhinestones in myself, what a sense of accomplishment. I know exactly what you mean.;)

I may eventually paint it later to a different color, but for now the vinyl is working for me. I actually took off the blue part that was covering the silver cuz it was bothering me.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.