Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a funny idea while cycling today. Of course you know by the thread title what it is. And...if I didn't think people would wanna hurt me or sue me over this...I probably would...Create and market "Not an xb" bumper stickers. Of course, I'm not saying people should plaster these on the new "ahem" xb's because that would be illegal or at best...unethical but...I can't control what people would do with them (wink wink, nudge nudge, know what i mean, know what i mean). It's kind of like well...you can legally sell the paraphanelia to smoke chronic and it does not become illegal until you actually use the chronic. Oh...I'm anticipating some flack from this...but...a little controversy never hurt anybody, right?

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Seems like a funny idea, and I dunno why it would be considered illegal. It's just a sticker....

This reminds me about that whole "jeep" sticker. I've thought about making a:

"You wouldn't understand, it's a Scion thing" sticker....Though, I then looked it up on the net and someone already beat me to it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I love your passion for the product. That would definitely show Toyota that the new xb is not worthy. A ploy to induce more sales is never appreciated by previous body style owners of any auto maker. Chevy understands this. They have the classic pick up along with the new body style in production because you don't want to piss off the ********. No you don't. I wouldn't place a sticker on anyones ride tho out of respect for others and because Im not bullet proof. Passion runs deeper in some. keep up the riding dude.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yeah the sticker thing on others rides isn't cool.

I've had this idea in my head that would get the same message out without hurting anyones car or being to illegal. Make a flier that says "Not An xb" and some official sounding group name and go put them on the new wanna-be xB's at the dealers, in parking lots, just about everywhere you see them. If enough people did it in different states the message might get back to Scion HQ.

Just an idea along the same line as yours but without the sticky mess of stickers

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
At the same time, that kind of publicity might get Scion mad at it's original box owners and give us all a slap on the wrist. While funny it is to make that kind of stuff, I'd only just sell the sticker and not go vandalizing...I didn't realize rabarrets vision was to vandalize the car.

·
Registered
552 Posts
That's why I suggested fliers, no vandalizing. It is no worst then those ads under the wiper at the grocery store.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Im in. I think its worth a slap on the wrist. where's our classic option damb it. Ive only had mine for about 4 months knowing the new one is coming out. It was my decision to jump into the little box instead of the money hungry trendy pt cruiser version. I will hand it to Toyota. They own the auto market world wide and its for a reason. Staying ahead of the game not following it.

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
I was thinking you could do something like a no smoking sign and have a picture of a new xB and a red X through it and put it on your xB.....

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Or you can take Thomas’s route

And some day he’ll tell us how we can get our own. . .

Hint, hint :p

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I actually took off all the rear badges. The only thing on the rear of the car which will have any insignias is the chrome Japanese bB rear bumper guard (the domestic applicae is cheap and cheesy).

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I haven't heard too much from the guy who was going to take a shot at getting the "Classic" badges made - I'll poke him with a sharp stick and see what he says...

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
How about "Its not a car- It's an xB"?
As far as "Classic" decal: Volvo had it placed on the final edition of '93 240 series (both sedans and wagons)- see pic in my profile if you dont know the model. So the script is available from Volvo dealers and it reads CLASSIC in separate chrome letters.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts