Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to find out if anyone has put nos on their XB. First I was told that I couldn't use the dry kit ( is this true ). And what brand has anybody used. I plan to have on by spring. I want to put the bottle on hump in back, with a purge kit. Any input would be helpfull!!

Paul:eek:

·
Registered
869 Posts
on the nitrus express website, they said with stock internals, you souldn't do more than a 20hp shot per piston. if this is true it would bump you up to a 80hp increase on top of your other mods. i think it is a much better alternitive to a turbo or supercharger......but just like with a turbo you'll probably be under the hood alot changing your plugs out......if you get one keep us posted and maybe do a how- to article on the whole process to help guide others in the process!:D

·
Registered
368 Posts
Release, you got pm.

polar, when running nitrous you need only copper plugs, 1 step colder than stock. Nitrous doesn't like Iridium nor Plat plugs at all. You can also run a 35 shot with stock internals, as long as it is set up right and you use it wisely.

I been on the juice since my box was a few weeks old, dry system, 35 shot.My box is a few months shy of 2 with 55k on the odo, no problems (knock on wood) yet.

You just need to be smart about the set up and use. If you use the right set up, it is(SL:D ) idiot proof.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
no not 35 per piston. it's a 35 shot. total. it's a dry system so it's going into the intake tract somewhere or a nice stealth approach would be under the intake manifold somewhere.

a wet system would tap into the fuel rail . a direct port system you would drill holes into the intake manifold right next to the head or into the head.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.