Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody!

My girl and I just picked up a brand new 2006 Scion xB in Thundercloud metallic.

Obligatory Picture here:

We absolutely love our little box, and she is the third addition to our growing fleet of vehicles.

Lets see, my first love is a 1990 Mazda Miata with a LOT of modifications, mostly to make it faster/safer on the track. This is what I drive to work, as she has the capability of obtaining near 30mpg.

Our 2nd car is a 2005 GMC Yukon that seats 9. Between my fiancee and myself, we have 5 children, so its important to have a car that seats us all, AND can tow the Miata when I need to put the racing tires on her. I modified the Yukon with a fairly involved Video System.

And finally, since Jen is starting her teaching position at a school that is 35 miles away, we wanted something that would be good on gas for her commute.

We test drove the Yaris, but that car really wasn't our style. It just felt so cheap. So then we test drove the xB (finally, only 1 salesman and they were SWAMPED). Its kinda funny, because he tossed us the keys and we went out without him. When we came back I handed him a check for the down payment and said I will be back in 3 days.

I have enjoyed reading all your little adventures. I can't imagine putting turbo kits on these things, but more power to all of you. :D Been there, done that, as they say, and now its our turn to just enjoy the ride. :cool:

Pictures of the other vehicles are available on request. Thanks for the community, and I hope to be ready more of your adventures soon!

-Danny

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Hello there and welcome aboard. :D

If you get the time and want to hang out with other owners check this
site out. www.scionetics.com -- It lists everything going around the
Phoenix area as far as get togethers.

The folk's here on clubxb are great people -- very friendly,knowledgeable,
and just overall good people.

You'll have a good time here :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DTRAIN619 said:
Glad to have you with us, Danny! Any plans for the box?
Step 1 happened last night. Found some aftermarket super plush floor mats and a nice shade for the windshield.

Step 2 is wednesday, when we limo tint the xB.

Tried talking to the woman about putting some of my old Miata rims on her, not sure how it would look. She definitely doesn't want any pricey wheels. She knows she'll just curb them. :p

-Danny

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Welcome Aboard and congrats!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.