Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Occasionally brakes don't slow car. After 2or3 panic jabs on the pedal they work. No accident yet. I think the power assist does,'t always cut in. First time dealer adjusted the hand brake, second time they turned rotors and new pads for $170 which I didn't need. Still no change. I'm getting spooked about driving it. Does anyone else have this problem? How did you fix it? Or are you dead from brake failure?
Norris

·
Registered
367 Posts
sirron10 said:
Occasionally brakes don't slow car. After 2or3 panic jabs on the pedal they work. No accident yet. I think the power assist does,'t always cut in. First time dealer adjusted the hand brake, second time they turned rotors and new pads for $170 which I didn't need. Still no change. I'm getting spooked about driving it. Does anyone else have this problem? How did you fix it? Or are you dead from brake failure?
Norris
Brakes are tits on my box. Only one emergency stop, and it stopped on a dime.

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
Try to describe the problem better. Does the brake pedal go lower than usuall, all the way to the floor (that would be bad master cylinder), feels abnormally hard to push (bad booster or no vacuum to it), or everything feels usual, but just doesnt want to stop (low quality pads). Some racing brake pads work well only hot though. Rear brakes may be out of adjustment too. I really love how brakes feel on my new xB.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PCH said:
Try to describe the problem better. Does the brake pedal go lower than usuall, all the way to the floor (that would be bad master cylinder), feels abnormally hard to push (bad booster or no vacuum to it), or everything feels usual, but just doesnt want to stop (low quality pads). Some racing brake pads work well only hot though. Rear brakes may be out of adjustment too. I really love how brakes feel on my new xB.
Firm pedal, not mushy or low. I believe it is faulty booster or booster control. Its very rare- average occurance once in 5000 miles. Repeated pumping of brake has always got the booster inplay (so far) in time. Dealer adjusted, then replaced pads $175. They checked everything and there is nothing else they can. I know what they can do if they can't fix it-- buy it back and crush it! It should not be on the highway! Unfortunately the Lemon law buy back is close to trade in value, so it will be traded in in the next week or so. Sorry for the person who buys it from the dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.