Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our ac wasn't working so we changed fuses and checked our relays and then got it working again but now no air will blow on any setting the relay is getting power and no fuses are blown the switch is getting power but the blower is not seems like we have checked everything but don't know why it isn't working all of a sudden

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does it blow heat ?
If not it sounds like the motor on the fan died
Not a fun task to dig out and change
Good luck
No the blower doesn't turn on at all I check for 12v at the resistor and the blower plug and got nothing I check relay that's working like it should all the fuses are good. I'm changing the blower switch today to see if that's the problem. The switch gets 12v but I don't thinks it's sending it over to the blower

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Blower is $50 thing off ebay and isn't too crazy to do. Did mine recently. Youtube video out there for it. Also good time to clean out years of dust from inside the housing.

·
Registered
05 silver stick
155 Posts
No the blower doesn't turn on at all I check for 12v at the resistor and the blower plug and got nothing I check relay that's working like it should all the fuses are good. I'm changing the blower switch today to see if that's the problem. The switch gets 12v but I don't thinks it's sending it over to the blower
It is probably a resistance switch
You should be able to jump it out
And see if the blower kicks ?
and eliminate it as the problem

·
space and time traveller
4 Posts
Check the resistor module in the blower switch circuit. It's often placed in the path of the flowing air because it gets hot when the blower is on it's lowest setting (notch1) and can burn out if left on that setting for an extended time, preventing the blower from running at all. The module is replaceable. Run the fan at notch 2 or higher to prevent it from burning out in the future.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
good info.....setting 1 doesn't blow enough to even be used IMO. I always use at least setting 2 and 3 other times, never 1 and rarely 4

1 - 7 of 7 Posts