Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used these? They say they are made for negative camber. Let me know if you have these and your experience. I'm thinking about getting a set.

Cool ad BTW!

Thanks

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Rich, I've been running them ever since I've had my Buddy Clubs, camber, and then the staggered width 18s. They run good, and now that I have some mileage (at least 15k+ miles), you can see the wear pattern on the inner rear tread. If you adjust the Toe accordingly, w/ the camnber up front, the fronts will wear more evenly.

·
Registered
916 Posts
The way to figure out if a tire will stretch more than another is to compare the same size tire's "tread width." Sma;;er tread width means more stretch. Falken tires have the smallest tread width and get the best stretch for tires. Also looking at what the manufacturer of the tire recomends for what size tire for what width rim should be considered. Obviously going a width that is wider than what the tire company recmends will stretch.

But the main factor in tread width. I would rather choose the Falken FK452 over the Nitto Neo Gen. THey will be cheaper and the FK452 is Falkens VIP tire that is made for camber/stretching as well. This is just my 2 cents.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
i was about to get those but they don't stretch at all...
I have the 215/35-18 stretched on an 8.5.

They didn't make trhe size I needed for my 9.5s though.

·
Registered
630 Posts
yea i was running the neo-gens on 205/45s on a 17x8 and there wasn't much strecth. VERY Mild stretch I should have done 205/40.

·
Registered
974 Posts
yea i was running the neo-gens on 205/45s on a 17x8 and there wasn't much strecth. VERY Mild stretch I should have done 205/40.
205's of any kind won't be stretched much on an 8" wide rim. You need to use 195's if you want stretch on an 8" wide rim.

On my VW I went with 205's on the front wheels which are 8.5 wide. I used 235's on the rears which were 10" wide. Now thats stretch.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I dont know, you should check out my Falken Ziex512s that are 205/40/17. They look pretty well stretched on my rims. Stretch will also have an impact of how much sidewall you're stretching too. 35 sidewall will look WAY more stretched than a 55 sidewall.

scotty

·
Registered
974 Posts
I dont know, you should check out my Falken Ziex512s that are 205/40/17. They look pretty well stretched on my rims. Stretch will also have an impact of how much sidewall you're stretching too. 35 sidewall will look WAY more stretched than a 55 sidewall.

scotty
You make a good point Scotty.

A really low profile tire will look more stretch on a rim that a taller tire.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was thinking of 205/40/18 on an 8.5" cuz right now im on 215/35. 205/35 would be pushing it for me. But the reason I was asking about this particular tire is that they have the size and its made for neg camber. on VIPstylecars some say the Falken FK452 dont stretch much either and they prefer the ST115s but those are discontinued. Ah well I'll see whats up. I just wanted to hear from people who sport them. Thanks

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Falken Ziex 512s looks like they stretch crazy. I think it has something to do with the fact that the rim protector stays on that outteredge and pulls hard then to the tread spot if you know what I mean. Ill get some pics in two minutes here.

Scotty

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Has anyone ever used these? They say they are made for negative camber. Let me know if you have these and your experience. I'm thinking about getting a set.

Cool ad BTW!

Thanks
I used a set of Nitto 455's on an old car and they had the consistency and grip of an eraser. My daily has Dunlop FM901's and they took a long time to break in. That car is setup for corner carving. The xB has Falken ST-115's. Honestly, there are not many bB's in Japan that are useing high performance tires. That is one thing that bugs me about mine. I would rather have touring tires. Dunlop LM-703's are really popular for that car in Japan. They look good with a stretch too. And that Honda in the only car in the states using the PowerHouse Amuse GT-1 bodykit. Prolly a waste since the car is a carpet queen and the kit was developed for racing.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
This pic sucks, but you can kinda see. I wish I had more than just my point and shoot. Falken Ziex 512. Pretty decent for 205/40/17 on 17x8:

(also ignore real wheel sunkeness. taken care of ;) )

scotty

1 - 20 of 21 Posts