Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im looking to Add a Nitrous System. I chose the NX compnay. I however dont know **** about it. I was a purge and i dunno what i should use either wet or a dry system. Whats the advantages of both ? I just need a litle bit of knowledge

·
Registered
322 Posts
If you search on SL there was a huge post by a guy breaking down everything you need to know to do it right. I think hotbox05 posted in it. He may remember what it was called.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Few questions for you MrFlipper.
What is the intended purpose? power or show ?
Do you have any other hp addtions ? header,intake,exhaust,F/I ?
How much power you want to add ? or bling ?

A dry system , if properly installed (35 shot or less) is easest to install
A wet system , if more than 35 shot added, is safer.

The safest system for our boxes, after doing a bit of reasearch, turned out to be from the ZEX company.

I'll post some pics of a nitrous caused problem if you want after you reply.

and I believe hotbox5 says it is a waste and will blow your motor no matter what.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Frogbox said:
Few questions for you MrFlipper.
What is the intended purpose? power or show ?
Do you have any other hp addtions ? header,intake,exhaust,F/I ?
How much power you want to add ? or bling ?

A dry system , if properly installed (35 shot or less) is easest to install
A wet system , if more than 35 shot added, is safer.

The safest system for our boxes, after doing a bit of reasearch, turned out to be from the ZEX company.

I'll post some pics of a nitrous caused problem if you want after you reply.

and I believe hotbox5 says it is a waste and will blow your motor no matter what.

Mostyl Show but it would be fun to screw around with on the street every once and awhile. I am running a perrin SRI, fuel rail, crank pulley, strup header and strup exhaust with 2.25 piping. I was looking at running a "safe" shot, maybe 30-50.

·
Registered
368 Posts
on that other site (SL) look at the thread "50 shot or Nitrous", I know but thats the way it is spelled.:D

I posted pics of one of the problems you can incounter :p

You'll need a stronger fuel pump and return line for a wet system, almost like adding F/I.

But if you read that thread and still have question a few here do have systems up and working.
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=114501

That's the thread.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
no it's not a waste but when these motors are so fickle and dinky why risk it ? i'd run 35 shot max. and wet only.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah I started a thread on the other site. There is a lot of info there. From what I understand you don't need a larger fuel pump with the Zex wet system. That is the one I orderd. I called zex and gave them my info and they told me the 55 shot was fine for our little 1.5's. You just can't abuse it. Also, the zex system is perfect for new users because it monitors fuel pressure and bottle pressure and adjusts the fuel/nitrous mixture so you will never run lean. That is the major cause of detonation. Frogbox will post his pic, and if you look at it we was running rediculously lean. I can understand your concern, beacause I was in the same boat as you. But I did my research and I am going with it. All the power of a F/I (only when you need it) and save your MPG too!! I am thinking of gettin a pyrometer too. I know they are used for diesels, but I think it would be a good idea. That way if it gets too hot I can back off the nitrous!!

·
Registered
368 Posts

cylinder 1

cylinder 3

fuel pump problem, Zex system has since been installed, it is safest

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
When you add spray you must add fuel, thats what makes since if you know anything about nitrous hell even adding a blower you gotta add more fuel, other wise you will lean the air fuel ratio out and from teh pics you can see what WILL happen. I personally like blowers, you just have to watch the head gaskets but a head gasket is much cheaper and easier to repair than replacing pistons. Just my opinon.

Jakeman a EGT gauge will do what you talking about. but if you lean these little piss ant motors out too much BYE BYE.

·
Registered
368 Posts
you mean what motor was that don't you ? :eek:

one of the other cars I have told you about, it come from another japanese company and you want one but can't find one ( in your price range) :rolleyes:

Hint: nickle and dime :D

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
Frogbox said:
you mean what motor was that don't you ? :eek:

one of the other cars I have told you about, it come from another japanese company and you want one but can't find one ( in your price range) :rolleyes:

Hint: nickle and dime :D
nitroused a l16 or l20?

hmm that's a new thing to me , never seen a laughing gas dime b4.

out here u just see a different motor in em every time u see one.

sweetness. take care.

·
Registered
368 Posts
that used to be an L16, has now been bored, stroked, custom rods and pistons, crank, going to have side draft webers and a few other goodies installed.( in a wagon hehe)
now that will be a sleeper.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
ohhh i love the wagon 10's thing is they dont have independant rear. but yeah i almost bought a wagon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.