Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 467 Posts

·
Lowered Elite
786 Posts
Hello !

Some of you, that have been on the forums for a year or two, will remember my other Scion xB. It was a BCP 05 on XXR's and K-Sport Coilovers. Here are a couple of photos to remind you all...

Here's her story: nik's '05 bB

Well, anyways, that's not the reason for this thread ;)

On June 31, 2012, I picked up a 2006 PW - MT - bone stock xB.
Here she is.

Bone stock, missing lower grills, scuffed up steelies and hubcaps.
Sad, but I knew she had potential.

So, that night I bought coilovers, and after the install the bB sat like so:

Then I painted the front grill and got bB emblems:

Then my wheels and tires were joined together in holy matrimony.

Then I met Karl Malone at the dealership where I bought my xB:

Then I painted my tail lights:

Then I finally replaced my two lower grill inserts:

Then installed the tail lights and rear bB emblem

Then I waited days upon days upon days for my REALcamber -5's to arrive. When they finally did, I was so excited I wouldn't leave the mailman alone in fear of something happening to my -5's. haha

Then in about 3 hours, me and Cam (xseveredveganx) managed to put on the camber and roll all four fenders to make it to a show that night!

Annnnd this is how she sits as of 21 July 2012 (3 weeks later :D).

She needs some fine tuning, and camber bolts up front.. but it sits pretty nice for day one. I'm going to end up running more camber up front for a more balanced look, and I will be going lower all around.

Thanks for reading. :)

- Nik

·
Banned User
13,121 Posts
But Varrstoens are the best copy on the market... The 20% difference a replica has to have for legal reasons are in the barrels so if you pulled up beside some one with the XXRs you would still have the better looking wheel.. Like me and my V2s...

And your new ride its starting to look better than you're old ride

Seriously who farted

·
jpfxB
4,139 Posts
thanks guys! yeah, i'm afraid that a lot of people are going to have these wheels soon or the XXR version. it's okay.. everyone had XXRs when I did and very few people's xBs looked anything like mine did.
That's one reason its hard for me to part with my wheels. Never seen another set on anything muchless another B

·
jpfxB
4,139 Posts
I like this more than your last build... Dont get me wrong, your last xb was cleaner than sh*t, bit I'm really liking this!
You're just pw biased. I own a bcp and I'm pw biased so I relate :D

·
Lowered Elite
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha thanks man!!! The tail lights are painted inside!

---------- Post added 07-22-2012 at 06:44 PM ----------

I like this more than your last build... Dont get me wrong, your last xb was cleaner than sh*t, bit I'm really liking this!
But Varrstoens are the best copy on the market... The 20% difference a replica has to have for legal reasons are in the barrels so if you pulled up beside some one with the XXRs you would still have the better looking wheel.. Like me and my V2s...

And your new ride its starting to look better than you're old ride

Seriously who farted
Thanks guys, yeah I love this build more than my last one too. It needs a couple things here and there, but this one tops my old one for sure. I didn't know about the 20% rule and it being in the barrels, that's awesome. I like these so much better than XXRs.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Damn Nik that looks so hot. Way better than the last one. And I really wish my XXR's woulda come in a 9. :(

I've never been to fond of the bolt look though. So I'm happy with mine. :D

·
SUSPNJNKY
5,599 Posts
subscribed.

I am happy to say you make me jealous. looks so nice.

·
Lowered Elite
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
subscribed.

I am happy to say you make me jealous. looks so nice.
Loving this, one of the cleanest PWs already.
looking good nik!
thank you thank you thank you! :)

16's are freakin' perfect on coils.
agreed! i love the look of 16's on xBs.

so stoked! I need to see this in person ASAP
yes sir you do! it's better in person :)

Damn Nik that looks so hot. Way better than the last one. And I really wish my XXR's woulda come in a 9. :(

I've never been to fond of the bolt look though. So I'm happy with mine. :D
thanks man! that's why i went with these over the XXR's, the 9 wide is awesome.

---------- Post added 07-23-2012 at 03:33 PM ----------

after some tinkering today..

got it about .5" lower all around. front can go a bit lower.. i'm already hitting frame rails and cross bars on everything though... haha

1 - 20 of 467 Posts