Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had that Python (460 HP) installed today, took about two hours at Circuit City... the only thing I didn't like about it was the place where the guy mounted the antenna. He mounted it up on the upper left hand corner of the windshield (looking out). Is there any other places to mount it out of sight but still keep a good enough range? Also, where's the best place to put the siren? Kinda confused here as you can tell...

Another thing is that I assumed that the window roll down came included but the installer told me that it was about $100 more for the part and labor. Is this normal? I think I'll have the roll down installed tomorrow and see if he can maybe mount the antenna somewhere else. Any ideas?:confused:

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
Yeah mine also has the option for window roll down(viper791xv), but you have to buy the actuators for it to work, I think. I'll probably do that mod when I get a few more extra dollars. That's probably what the other $100 goes to (actuators/labor), not sure though. You should try doing it yourself to save some cash, I never installed an alarm before mine and now I'm glad because it only cost me $175 for the alarm and $0 for the install.

Also, I mounted my antenna right behind the rear view mirror and it works great there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Iron and Ketchup... would you happen to have any pics handy of the placement of your antennae? No need to take any new pics if you don't have them, it's cool. Thanks.

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
Yeah mines right on that small bit of black tint that goes down in the center on the inside of the window

·
Registered
630 Posts
yea they mounted mines on the left hand side of the window but i'm goin to move it behind the rearview mirror.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts