Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Hello everyone!! This is my first post ever on this site:p ! But i have a problem. Currrently, I own a 2004 Mustang. I got it last May and loved riding it. I had to get new brakes(metal to metal in the back) and a part to my gas tank was missing, but other than those details it was pretty smooth sailing. Until the winter time,... my car did horrible in the snow:( So I started looking around for another car, that is when I noticed the xb! At first I thought it was kind of ugly, but then I saw one up close and personal and fell in love;) I went and test drove it and loved it even more. My dad liked the fact that it was a toyota car and how roomy it was. Plus the gas mileage and its front wheel drive!! I just had a few questions.......

My dealership told me that i should allow myself a 2 month window. i want to get the blue onxy pearl color in an automatic. My dad disagrees thinking that I shouldnot do anything until I can find something to do with the stang...What are you guys opinons? Does it really take a while to get the car.. I think it does just because I called the dealership to see if I could test drive it with my mom and he told me they dont even have any xb's in stock right now!! Crap o la.

Next this car does well in the snow right? But how stable is it in an accident. My dad thinks it would get squished and my mom thinks the windshield will get shattered..

Well i know this is kind of long, but all the feedback and replies would be greatly appericated! I can not wait until the end of May to get my BOB hopefully! :cool:

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Welcome to Club xB! I suggest you get the xB. It's a great car and how it does in the snow is entirely up to you and your driving ability. You can do a Google search on xb safety and find some good stuff to show your parents. As far as finding one, it depends on your local dealers. Some areas have more available than others. For the most part the Scion dealers are very cool and they have no reason to rip you off. As far as getting rid of the 'stang, that's entirely up to you and your parents. Good luck with your search and keep us posted.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
You can expect a waiting list, The xb is worth the wait.

It earned top notch crash test scores, forget what they where but really suprised me. I Think 5 out of 5 stars for front impact, and 4 out of 5 side impact.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well thanks for the fast response guys! I will have to tell my parents about the high crash scores, i google it, hehe. I think a front wheel drive car will be enough for me in the snow. But another question.. Does anyone know how much the real tail lights by TYC are and how much the LED Light Enhancement costs. I am looking through a scion maganize and it doesnot list me a price, ill check the internet too. Is the scion xb really going to be discontinued?? :-(

thanks again for all the info. it was very helpful, i guess you could call me a "noob?'

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
BoxyBabe45 said:
Well thanks for the fast response guys! I will have to tell my parents about the high crash scores, i google it, hehe. I think a front wheel drive car will be enough for me in the snow. But another question.. Does anyone know how much the real tail lights by TYC are and how much the LED Light Enhancement costs. I am looking through a scion maganize and it doesnot list me a price, ill check the internet too. Is the scion xb really going to be discontinued?? :-(

thanks again for all the info. it was very helpful, i guess you could call me a "noob?'
Search "scion xb" on Ebay! There is about 18 pages of goodies to check out.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Welcome to ClubxB. We like "noobs!" (Hey, we all were.) You find the aftermarket has jump all over the xB, so prices for parts are more than reasonable! Wheels, Headlights, tail lights, LED's....... you name it, they've got it! What part of the country are you? That may be a factor in your wait time.

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Welcome to the club!!!

I did not notice a location but where are you located? Michigan here and we are driving it in the snow. Put where you are located and we will suggest a meet/show you could attend with you parents. We all love talking about our xB's. As for your tailight question I think they are $175 but dealer will charge more installed and for lighting would recommend finding a non dealer kit to save money and help win the parents over.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am located in good ol southern Ohio! :rolleyes: pretty exciting? lol. Thats good to know that the parts are more than reasonable.. i really hope i can get at least one mod, which i think will be the alternate tail lights. Later in the summer, I want to get some sweet rimss yoo:p hehe! graduation gift? hopefully!

well talk to you all later! thanks for all the welcomes

·
Registered
10 Posts
the xb is excellently rated in crashes, i believe 5 out of 5 in front crashes, 4 out of 5 for driver and the same on passenger......amazing, i think xb is the bestest choice!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I actually had a customer trade in a 2004 Mustang Mach 1 on a tC earlier this winter. I tried driving it around the lot when it was snowy. Yeah, that didn't happen. So, I feel your pain on that one.

Anyway, every Scion dealer will have a Scion website that lists their installed prices for all accessories that they sell. Call your dealer and ask them for thier Scion Website address or just go to scion.com and use their dealer locater. That will give you a link directly to the dealership's website.

Good luck with the purchase and welcome to the site.

Hmmm, have it by May huh? Hmmm, sounds like you need a road trip to Iowa that first weekend in May! Check the Midwest forum on this site under "Events" and you'll see what I'm talking about.

-Alex

·
Registered
501 Posts
In Dallas, I found a whole lot of discrepancies between what different dealers told me regarding how long it would take me to get my xB in the color I wanted (BOP): anywhere from nine weeks to two days.

Toyota of Dallas got my my 2006 BOP auto tranny in two days, just like they said that we would. Persevere, and call around.

I absolutely love this car more than any other that I have ever had, and I've had a lot of cars. BOP rules!

·
Registered
80 Posts
im new to the community all i used to drive hondas all the time i need help installing a aftermarket dvd indash in my box without losing my ipod capability is there any way in keeping it ? help....

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
most aftermarket stereos will be able to play ipods. all you need to get is the cable that's is for that brand of stereo that plugs in the back.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.