Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys , im from PR and im getting this nice box i always liked these, it has a nice paint job , its aut , 57 k on it ,runs very smooth , it was replaced the right front fender , air cond ,is cool, (here in PR we use ac all year round FYI) and the guy asked for 8500 and we ended up in $7,700 ,,,, now my ?s to the experts is if i have to look for certain things before buying , tomorrow monday is business day ,were doing papers and all ,,, (please excuse my English im trying my best) , thanks for any help , and in glad i found this site and looking forward to spending some time here .
heres a pic (if i did it right)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
new guy getting a xb 05 57k for $7800 in PR

hi people , im really glad i found this site since tomorrow im buying my xb 05 color is red/purple i guess , its automatic (20 15+ years driving standard decided to change i hope i wont regret it) well im from PR , the box has a beautiful paint job ,interiors look fairly good ,a/c cools perfect in PR we use a/c all year round since its always around 90 degrees and higher , well i decide to get the box because its really spacey and the MPGs its awesome , my girl has one 05 white and i know that for a fact ,once we ran around 380 milews on a tank (mainly highway) that should be way over 30 MPG ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well what u guys think of the price and what should i look for before buying ,any tips are appreciated , thanks and see u guys around ,because im planning on putting this box really nice in the next few months ,with tail ,headlights ,rims ,grilles and so one ,im already watching a few things on ebay , so as soon as i begin and im permited to post pics , i will , thanks to all

·
Pishtaco
3,956 Posts
That would be a decent private party price stateside, so I'm thinking it's a really good deal in PR. Dealerships here typically ask $11-14k for 1G xBs with <40k miles.

1G xBs seem pretty trouble-free, and should be much better than the Mitsubishi Mirages that are so common in PR. I regularly get 450+ miles on a tank of gas, but I don't have to run AC or fight San Juan traffic jams.

Good luck. Keep us posted on how you like your xB.

·
Pishtaco
3,956 Posts
Did you do it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you do it?
hi , yes i bought it , and pretty happy ,already tinted front glasses and buying visors from ebay , buy the way looks like uve been around in PR , u know theres thousands of mirages here(maybe hundreds of thousands) ,,,,gotta tell u i HAVE one 2 doors year 2000 1.8 LS ,LOL , im upgrading a little for comfy ,that car is too small and very uncomfortable im passing it on to my oldest son(17) used it for the last 7 years,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now back to XBs much much more comty and ready to mod it a little the rims the mirage had are going on the XB (17's with 205-40-17 tires, i hope they wont hurt the box ,,,,,well see u later with other updates

·
Pishtaco
3,956 Posts
Cool. Looking forward to seeing photos of your mods. Yes, I spent a month in PR, and drove all the way around the island. Wish I could find alcapurrias in the states!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts