Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My name is Mike Curry and I'm a Scionaholic. I've wanted an XB since the first day I saw one here in Tennessee, but liking them wasn't a reason to trade a in a new Dodge truck. But then gas went through the rood, no better time to talk my wife into one! I LOVE it. I got the BOP, yes add another one to the BOP club. Came in on the 13th of September. Got it with the Spoiler, Foglamps, Mats. My wife liked it so much, shes ready to trade in her 04 Dodge Neon for one now. Worst part about the whole thing is, I had it for 15 days, went on a trip to Florida and on my way through Alabama there was a section of interstate that must have been made of gravel. Pitted the windshield so bad it looks like it has diamonds in it. But I'll keep replacing windows if I have to. Won't be getting rid of this one for a long time. Now time to MOD.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Welcome! That's one thing about our Box's...rock catchers. :eek: Looking forward to seeing pics of your Box.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hi Mike! Welcome Fellow "Volunteer"!!! Don't know what part of TN you're from but in middle TN xBs are scarce as hens teeth! It's so groovey to hear you traded in a monster truck for an xB...you dah man!!!:D

·
Registered
426 Posts
Welcome to the site.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Rcurry23 said:
Hello,
My wife liked it so much, shes ready to trade in her 04 Dodge Neon for one now....
Welcome Mike!

Yeah, wives are like that! You'd better get her one, or she'll end up taking yours! (Trust me, I know!!)

Attachments

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
^^^Dion, I want two!:(

Welcome to the club, you will love it here!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Rcurry23 said:
Hello,
...Worst part about the whole thing is, I had it for 15 days, went on a trip to Florida and on my way through Alabama there was a section of interstate that must have been made of gravel. Pitted the windshield so bad it looks like it has diamonds in it...
:( Yikes Mike!...I'm going to be travelling South to B'ham on Interstate 65...please tell me that stretch is South of B'Ham...pleasepleaseplease:(

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Padanky said:
^^^Dion, I want two!:(
Only if you want both payments too!! :p

That was her birthday/Mothers' day/anniversary/Christmas present! I'd better get the "Husband of the Year" Award!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FoxNBox - I know exactly what stretch. I was cursing the whole way through it. My wife was sleeping and I woke her up. She was like "what is wrong with you? I said just wait till I get off this interstate and I'll show you. Got off and it's not 15, not 100, more like hundreds of thousands. Dealer told me they hadn't seen anything like it before! Anyways going down 65 South and coming back 65 North between mile markers 238 and 227 trust me you'll know when you get there. The road Sucks!
And I'm from Mount Juliet, TN. just East of Nashville.

Are any of you all the Scions from the Slammin Jammin show?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FoxNBox, Hey just noticed you said B'Ham. You should be fine. The mile markers I mentioned are between Birmingham and Montgomery.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Rcurry23 said:
FoxNBox, Hey just noticed you said B'Ham. You should be fine. The mile markers I mentioned are between Birmingham and Montgomery.
Oh thank you thank you! My baby is only 9 weeks old and I would be so upset if that happened to her.:(

Boy, you should be able to get some compensation from the Alabama Highway Department; that really isn't right!:mad:

·
Registered
520 Posts
doubt you will get any money from it they willl fix the problem that caused immeditaly though....my friend couldn't swerve to miss a pot hole and completely demolished his wheel....they wouldn't give him any money, but the next day the road was being repaved from a to b!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
I'd still check into to it, I've heard that the roads in Hawaii are harsh, and that they (The Highway Dept.) pay for damages caused by potholes and such.

Of course, that's just what I've heard...

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
DTRAIN619 said:
Only if you want both payments too!! :p
F&%K that, she can keep the CL for awhile.:eek:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Took a quick picture of my BOP while I was at work. Kinda plain right now, but so many things I want to do, just can't make up my mind as to what first. All that's been done so far is 20% tint all the way around and removed all rear emblems. Yes they are still HUBCAPS!!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.