1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Every state should pass the no cell phone while driving law.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Here’s my favorite!

"Trunking"
AB 1850 makes it unlawful for a person to knowingly drive a motor vehicle while another person is riding in the trunk; riding in the trunk is also illegal. The driver receives a fine and one point on his or her driving record; the person riding in the trunk receives a fine. The law is a response to some teen drivers' attempts to evade the passenger restriction in California's graduated driver licensing law by hiding teens in the trunk. Since 2000, there have been 153 collisions involving trunking, resulting in nine deaths and 140 injuries.

This wasn't illegal before?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
what if the person "trunking" is dead? im not saying im throwing dead bodies in the back, but they sure as hell arent alive when i shove them in the trunk. any CA police officers wanna shed some light for me? i wanna be the most law abiding citizen possible!

thanks
scotty

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
:D
"Trunking"
AB 1850 makes it unlawful for a person to knowingly drive a motor vehicle while another person is riding in the trunk; riding in the trunk is also illegal. The driver receives a fine and one point on his or her driving record; the person riding in the trunk receives a fine. The law is a response to some teen drivers' attempts to evade the passenger restriction in California's graduated driver licensing law by hiding teens in the trunk. Since 2000, there have been 153 collisions involving trunking, resulting in nine deaths and 140 injuries.

This wasn't illegal before?
Belive it or not, it wasn't illegal. The problem has been that teens are putting other teens in their trunks to transport them because of the laws prohibiting underage passengers. New drivers under the age of 18 can't carry other teens with them while they are driving. Combine a new driver and helpless kids in the trunk with a rear end collision and you're talking bad news.

The cell phone law in Cali doesn't go into effect until July of 2008. At that time it will be a $20 dollar fine for the first offense and 50 bucks for each one after that. It will not be a violation that will effect a drivers insurance rates.

Good news on this one, California Beer brewers can now offer free samples to customers in Liqour stores that are licensed to sell beer. They can give a free 8 oz sample to a customer provided the customer is of age and is limited to one sample per person per day.

Animal control officers in California now have the legal authority to break into a vehicle and remove a dog if the temperature is too hot for the pet. Before they would have to call the police and wait for assistance. There are also two new laws concerning pets: 1. No dog shall be tied to a post or other unmoving object for more than three hours. 2. No dog shall be left in a vehicle where the temperature is too hot or too cold for the dog's safety. The violations now carry a penalty of up to 1,000 dollars as a fine and up to six months in jail. ( i would like to see the death penalty for those who leave their dogs in a hot car)

Oh, and good news for some. The minimum wage in Cali is now 7.50 an hour. Look for your burger prices to rise to offset the business owners new expense.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Every state should pass the no cell phone while driving law.
I agree, there are so many people that drive on the highways around here at 45mph swerving all over the place because they're too involved in their conversation about little Billy and his inability to swing a bat at a baseball......

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I'd personally like to see those laws in my state. I actually don't have any objection to any of 'em, other than the fines should usually be even higher...

Tom

·
Registered
759 Posts
I agree, there are so many people that drive on the highways around here at 45mph swerving all over the place because they're too involved in their conversation about little Billy and his inability to swing a bat at a baseball......

NOW THAT'S DAMMMMM FUNNY :)

THANKS TAZ
Oh, and good news for some. The minimum wage in Cali is now 7.50 an hour. Look for your burger prices to rise to offset the business owners new expense.

THE 6$ BURGER IS NOW 8$

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.