Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 2004 two weeks ago and have found a switch that I have no idea what it does. It is a small red “on off” toggle switch mounted on the lower section of the center console (next to accelerator pedal). Is this a factory switch? My guess is no and if that’s the case, I will be pulling apart the dash to find out where the wires go. It doesn’t seem to do anything at all. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven’t traced them up from the switch yet. I plan on doing that in the morning when I have some daylight. My only guess is a kill switch for the bazooka tube that isn’t working in the back.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I believe that is an aftermarket alarm valet switch. Also called the valet/program button.

I have a Viper alarm installed and that's where mine is installed and what it is. Good luck.

---------- Post added 04-20-2019 at 08:30 AM ----------

Or could just be an ignition kill switch? Mine is a push-button, yours seems to be on/off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was really hoping that switch was an ejecto-seato, but no such luck. I traced the wires up to a fm stereo modulator. I’m guessing the previous owner was using it to play the audio from the DVD player mounted under the passenger seat through the cars speakers. I don’t care about the DVD player since the screens in the headrests don’t seem to work anyway. This is a mess and I really want to clean it up but I’m afraid I will cause the stereo to quit working. I have also found some kind of sensor mounted in the a/c vent. Is this thing stock? If so what is it for? The single black cable attached to it runs through the dash to the passenger side and behind the side panel by the floor. Looks like it runs towards the back of the box.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
It really looks like a kill switch, but the red color makes it a little too obvious. Kind of defeats its purpose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts