Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently purchased a used scion xb 2006 with 85k miles. i did test drive it and used an ODB2 on it and no codes came up. ive had it for about a week and the engline and heat light came on when i was driving. i immideatly pulled over , checked all levels, then about an hour later took it to the mechanic a block away.
no engine damage (i drove with the light for less than 5 seconds. )
now they say it needs a new radiator.
should i expect anything else to break or can i do something to prevent stuff breaking?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Radiator is pretty common failure on the xb. I would do a new water pump, thermostat and hoses while you are at it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Radiator is pretty common failure on the xb. I would do a new water pump, thermostat and hoses while you are at it.
^ X2

These are also the parts I replaced when I installed a new radiator in my 2005 Box. I needed a new radiator due to a vehicle collision.

These Box Cars are SUPER RELIABLE for the most part. The only thing I would say that MIGHT be a common failure on these vehicles are the power lock/unlock feature. Not a big deal really. Just once or twice a month, I have to manually lock the doors. A friend of mine has a 2006 with the same situation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts