Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I FINALLY went for it and bought an xb, finally got a promotion at work, was just a helper but now im a technician at a hyundai dealership and with the newfound source of income I bout the vehicle I have been wanting since the day I first saw it........pics soon to come...but basically its a black xb, standard transmission. I do have an extended warranty and all that so am wanting to maintain that and not void anything but really want to do as much as I possibly can to get some more hp or mpg or both...so what kind of upgrades could I do that wont void my warranty...what would be the best things to do to start out with? THANKS IN ADVANCE

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Standard Answer:

Intake, Header, Exhaust (I/H/E)

Many will add Lightweight Crank Pulley to that mix.

Everyone has their preference on which part to use for each application. Just do research and make the best educated decision you can. Regardless of what you go with, you will probably free up anywhere from 6-10 hp. To see more than that you really have to start looking at nitrous, forced induction, or serious motor work.

·
Ain't too Funk to Druck.
17,243 Posts
welcome to the black side, your new addiction. I H E is good to give our boxes a kick. but we all know they're not race cars. they're the lowest ego emissions around. :p

·
Registered
974 Posts
I wouldn't bother with the header, but intake and CAT-BACK exhaust do wonders.

Do a search there are sever threads to help you pick out the best exhaust and intake for your needs.

Welcome to the xB club.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I wouldn't bother with the header, but intake and CAT-BACK exhaust do wonders.

Do a search there are sever threads to help you pick out the best exhaust and intake for your needs.

Welcome to the xB club.
Why no header? I have felt changes in power from the 3 headers I have had in my car. DC Sports= High RPM power, ZPI= Mid Range RPM power and Stock= low end power.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Low end power is why I'd keep the stock header. I mean it's already tubular. And with these little engines you want that little bit of extra torque that the stock headder gives you over the aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
It still chokes up some of the flow in higher RPMs. If you want something that will flow decently at higher RPM and still provide some back pressure for low end torque, check out the MMW 4-2-1.

Another option you may want to consider is a new offering from DME Power. It is a 4-1 similar to DC, Strup, Megan, "ZPI" but uses a slightly smaller tube diameter from what I can tell. DME's website isn't up yet, but I got a pic of their header at SEMA. I posted about it on one of the SL threads, and someone on their said they were selling it now. Maybe M2 Motoring.

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
this works great

OBX Racing 4-2-1 header great gains in low end torque power band starts @ 3300-3500 and pulls hard all they way to 5500 :D

good quality design/ im satisfied and e-bay for 150.00 shipped :)

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Megan Works Too.

Picked mine up for $160 shipped on eBay.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
It still chokes up some of the flow in higher RPMs. If you want something that will flow decently at higher RPM and still provide some back pressure for low end torque, check out the MMW 4-2-1.

Another option you may want to consider is a new offering from DME Power. It is a 4-1 similar to DC, Strup, Megan, "ZPI" but uses a slightly smaller tube diameter from what I can tell. DME's website isn't up yet, but I got a pic of their header at SEMA. I posted about it on one of the SL threads, and someone on their said they were selling it now. Maybe M2 Motoring.

yep www.m2-motoring.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.