Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know, I designed a rear disc brake conversion about 8 or 9 years ago. They are going strong, but the calipers are getting harder to get at a reasonable cost now. So after the help from a friend and a little push to do it, its now done. A New Wilwood Disc Brake Conversion using a combination of Wilwood components and my machined components. Please PM me for more details. I hope you like it and enjoy!

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
806 Posts
Mike, the Jedi Master of xB RDB, has returned. Your first RDB incarnation was a great engineering accomplishment; this one is an elegant evolution. Years ago, when I visited your shop, I said you should be teaching this craft, and this beautiful work shows your skills are better than ever.

Frank.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you sir for the kind words. It's been a long time coming to do this, just had other things going on. As of right now the projects are going full force. Working on two different stylestyles of hood spoilers, have engine covers for the 1st Gen done, and about to start on the 2nd Gen. Starting on camber shims for the 2nd Gen. Door props and hatch props done. The 2 different rear disc brake conversions. About to do a couple custom harness bars for a fellow xBer. Damd type shields will be started on sometime for the usdm and bb heads. So much happening right now.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This Wilwood conversion costs $1250.00 plus $45.00 for shipping.
The xB posted is not mine, it was the first customer of the new brake kit. His name is Jason. That is a bB front and rear bumper.

---------- Post added 02-26-2016 at 07:50 PM ----------

Next kit sold. This one complete, with a black calipers!

·
Banned
2 Posts
Please drop me an email with cost of your kit and what else I need to buy and wher. Aere your kits awilble to ship? I have a xb 2005

·
Rescued RS 2.0
812 Posts
If I needed to replace my rear rotors, what kind of car would those rotors be for? I'm assuming your adapting from another application.

---------- Post added 04-27-2016 at 09:38 PM ----------

And would I need a different proportion valve?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not sure why I'm not getting notifications on this post, but just got this last one. Didn't see the two ahead of it.
As far as a site, no sir, I do not have one but will be more than happy to send pictures of everything I do and have been making for the xB. And yes if anyone is interested in a matching Wilwood BBK front kit i can get those as well for a really good price.
Next, I will pm you when I get home tonight with more information.
And lastly this kit in this post is a conversion using Wilwood components.
I also offer a conversion that uses Toyota Corolla GTS Calipers and Toyota MR2 Rotors. The kit posted in this post is basically an upgrade to the original.

·
Rescued RS 2.0
812 Posts
Do you have a link to a thread that discusses your Corolla and MR2 alternatives?

---------- Post added 04-29-2016 at 03:02 PM ----------

And still curious about if I'd need to replace the Proportion Valve so the front/rear bias is adjusted if needed.

---------- Post added 04-29-2016 at 03:17 PM ----------

I'd prefer using factory parts, as far as rotors and calipers if possible, and do want a functioning e-brake.

I think I found the thread(s)

·
Rescued RS 2.0
812 Posts
What part is different with your Wilwood rear brake kit that allows for a functional parking brake?

I have access to a used Wilwood big brake kit off a 1st Gen xB, but the owner indicates it doesn't provide for a functioning parking brake. What part in your kit allows a functioning parking brake, and (assuming it's something you fabricate) would you sell that part separately so we can get the parking brake working?

---------- Post added 05-05-2016 at 06:42 PM ----------

It appears it's about what Wilwood rear caliper that is used.

---------- Post added 05-05-2016 at 06:57 PM ----------

One more question.

Does your rear brake kit require larger wheels, or can I stay with my 15's?

---------- Post added 05-05-2016 at 06:59 PM ----------

I really want to stay with my 15's, so the big brake kit wouldn't be an option in that case.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The original kit with the Toyota parts will work with 15" wheels. The Wilwood requires 17" or larger.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@ Rcurry23
The new kit looks awsome! I have to admit i own a Yaris not a Scion (hope thats ok). Any thoughts on if your first kit or this one wil fit my '16 yaris hatchback (wheels are 17s).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is this kit available through Wilwood or is it through you.....this is a long overdue kit for these cars....drums just need to stop being made period....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts