Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend told me that I needed to start a build thread, so here it is! I picked up my box in July. It is an RS 3.0 #1932. When I got it, the only things different from stock was the front grill and the dvd screen in the driver's side headrest was missing. Thanks to kuzmi4 I got that taken care of and replaced pretty quickly.

You won't be able to see it, but I have a 10" JL Audio subwoofer under the front passenger seat and a 600W JL Audio amp to power it in the backrest of the same seat. I got the idea from baikenbitz who goes to school with me and is a really good friend of mine. He turned me onto xB's in the first place. Eventually, I will add another 10" sub under the driver's seat.

The first things I did were really not very big. I don't have specific pictures but you'll see them in the following ones. Anyway, I bought all-weather floor mats front and back (Colorado weather), put some pedals and an exhaust tip on (both just from autozone), got a shift knob (that is really cheap and I'm about to replace), and then got the ipod connect wire.

Enough of me talking, I know you all want pictures!

this is shortly after I got it:

this is the stock interior:

the first real thing I did was paint the pillars and grab handles black after following the DIY thread here:

For my next mod (dorm room style) I had more plastic bags than Dexter...

Here is the finished product:

...and installed...

I also plan on doing the steering wheel trim and up around the speedometer eventually

That's about it for now, but look for more soon! I have an Injen SRI, lightweight pulley, and gauge face on the way this week. Plus, I am going to remove the rear wiper (having trouble finding a plug) and put some interior led's in as well. Even further down the road (where there is more money) I am going to get new head and tail lights and probably some nice rims too.

Well, thanks for reading this far! I look forward to any comments or suggestions the clubxb community might have.

·
Real Friends > Car Clubs
1,932 Posts
Looks like a great start! You can purchase the wiper plugs from keytechniques on this site. Just check the sponsor sale thread for more info.

·
Registered
915 Posts
i see ur in CO. if u ever make in to Casper, Wyo hit me up. Very nice xb. Love the interior color match. i think they shoulda did that from the factory.

J.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks a lot toaster! casper is a long way from colorado springs, but if I'm ever up that way, I'll be sure to look you up. I agree, they should have, but it was a lot of fun doing it myself too

·
Registered
11 Posts
AWESOME! I am awesomely jealous... I have a 2.0 RS and I wish I was smart enough to think to make the whole inside yellow! I mean the seats are already yellow polka dots but ya know.

AND I WISH THE 2.0 RS CAME WITH TV'S IN THE BACK. AWESOME PERK!:cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha thanks! I was able to get everything I needed to paint the inside trim for about 60 bucks and it was color matched to the exterior. took a couple of hours plus some clear coat and time to dry. if I can do it, anybody can. lol

·
Registered
319 Posts
I like the kill room. haha. Did your room mate flip out when he got back from class? The interior parts look good. Did you use the vinyl dye stuff for the handles? I'm jealous of the headrest monitors.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks lol. It was on the weekend so he was gone. For the handles and pillars I used the same paint, which was something similar to the paint on the DIY thread. honestly, it's not that great , but it got the job done. yeah, the monitors are pretty sick. I keep a dvd of The Other Guys in the car just to have something to show off

1 - 11 of 11 Posts