Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got myself an 06 XB with about 240k miles, it's an automatic, and I love it. Somewhere down the line I want to make it a project car or something. I'm 18 and relatively new to car stuff(other than maintenance). Just lookin for a little guidance

Everything on it RIGHT NOW(with exception for rotors and brake pads) was on there when I bought it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got myself an 06 XB with about 240k miles, it's an automatic, and I love it. Somewhere down the line I want to make it a project car or something. I'm 18 and relatively new to car stuff(other than maintenance). Just lookin for a little guidance

Everything on it RIGHT NOW(with exception for rotors and brake pads) was on there when I bought it.
Congrats! What're you looking to do?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats! What're you looking to do?

I'd like to point out that it's currently my daily driver, so right now I'm just looking at cosmetic fixes, like getting rear trim, paint correction, etc. I kind of want to paint it black, just cause it's simple and slick. I want LED headlights and taillights, but at the same time I don't want to be THAT guy and blind people on the freeway. The reason I CHOSE this car was because it's roomy, has great gas mileage, and it has a hatchback.

To put it shortly, 🎵I want to paint it black🎵, fix the trim (or make it look good without it), and EVENTUALLY make it more zippy.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
996 Posts
To put it shortly, 🎵I want to paint it black🎵,...
Sounds like you have a good plan; definitely want to to complete all exterior trim and other repairs before painting it. There are myriad pictures on this site to view as motivation; and a lot of current LED mod information. Some Gen1 OEM accessories, and aftermarket parts, are scare now, but there are lots of used parts in good condition. Facebook has a good thread focused on used Scion parts.

Post update pictures as you make progress; especially when you paint it black. 🎵 I wanna see it painted, painted black. Black as night, black as coal. I see a line of cars and they're all painted black 🎵

1 - 5 of 5 Posts