Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up to this new world. . . i just bought my XB this past saturday. its a 2005 auto with a sunroof, awesome rims, and ready for a few mods. . . trying to come up with some ideas and thought i would ask WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU DID WITH YOUR NEW XB?

feel free to hit me up anytime. . .

thanx
drewder

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Well, if you like the wheels on there, that's outta the question. It's got a sunroof. Awesome. Auto...eh...not to much. lol. just playin.

anyways, does the car have a drop? Let's see some pics! If not, I'd start with the Tanabe DF210's, or the Tein S-Tech's. From there, it's dependent on where you wanna go. I'll tell you RIGHT NOW, performance mods mean crap, so save your money until you need the extra 4 horses to move the box around.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
welcome to the club.

the first thing i did was my rims, and thats only because i was ready for a mod, and was offered them at a very reasonable price. but the first mod i did by choice was my halo projector hearlights... quick, simple, inexpensive, and changes the look drastically... of course this is all if you like that sort of thing. i absolutely love them. you have rims... is it dropped? it makes a very big difference in appearance and also inexpensive and VERY easy to do. you must be a lucky one. Boobmox didnt harrass you right off the batt for some pics... thanks for picking up the tail Ketchup! my turn, SO GET SOME PICS UP ALREADY!!!! :p

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Welcome! Maybe a cold air intake or new light weight pully to give a little more power....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pix coming soon, but for right now all i have is my AVATAR. . . thanks for the welcome. . . i love my XB

·
Project Cop Box
540 Posts
welcome. i added a xm reciver to mine first off...smoothie hubcaps arrive tomorrow.

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
Welcome to the club! 1st mod/must - Viper alarm
I bought the 791xv for around 175 and installed it in a few long hours, but before I put anything of value on I must have an alarm. That and I love starting it up in the morning from my room and letting it warm up before I leave. I love remote start!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Welcome Aboard!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Welcome to ClubxB

Yet again another request for ‘pics. :)

If the first owner had a sunroof put in they probably did other things. Don’t forget to post a shot of under the hood and of the back showing tails, spoiler (if its there) and the exhaust.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

as requested, here are the pix. . . the back pix looked kinda retarded and the auto-focus was acting up. ..

thanks for all the welcome. . . im having a blast with my box

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
She's lookin' good! You said some stuff was done up in it, show us some underhood! How about underneath the car, by the sway areas......interior shots?

Fill us in!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Welcome to the family! These little boxes are very habit forming - lotsa fun.

Those wheels look great on that color box. :)

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
yea im diggin the feets. look good mang

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Hello and welcome -- Looks like the 1st mod should be to lower that bad boy :)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
‘Gotta agree with the masses,

dropping it a few inches would look good.

That said, I would be careful about doing any stance changes with the sunroof.

I read somewhere about a guy having drainage issues where water pooled back in the headliner. My personal guess is that as long as the back end is a touch lower than the front it shouldn’t be an issue. But that’s just a guess; anyone with more experience feel free to chime in. Plus that other guy may have just had a crappy installer.

Welcome again!

Now lets see what you’ve got under the hood. . . :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

as requested. . . hope this gives ya a better idea of my set up. . .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.