Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought one of the last Torched Penny 2006 4.0 models around the northwest and i am excited. I will have pictures and future mods list up later. One question i had: Is the crank pulley swap a warrenty voiding mod?

·
Ain't too Funk to Druck.
17,243 Posts
welcome to your new addiction. and i dunno if it voids your warranty. not sure. ask some of the gurus in here, they'll know. but you'll like it here. stay awhile.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Some say yes. Some say no. I say Magnusson vs. Moss Act allows you to put that pulley on...."The stock one was defective and made my car run funny. This Perrin Lightweight Crank Pulley was cheaper than an OEM replacement; How was I supposed to know that I'd free up some power to the wheels?"

LOL. I say go for it. Some other say don't, with good information not to. Other than that, if you really had to take it in, you could always swap back to the OEM pulley......

Doh! BTW, welcome! Oh, and we need pics. I'm kinda the pic police around here. :D

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Welcome to the Scion community and Club xB. You're gonna like it here.

If you have a problem with your car the dealer has to PROVE that the trouble was caused by your modification. Go for it, many of us already have. :D

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the purchase of your newest addiction. Anxious to check out pics.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Welcome!

Hope you enjoy the community!

we need pics. I'm kinda the pic police around here.
He really is.
Don’t make him get out the trident :D

Is the crank pulley swap a warrenty voiding mod
I think a lot of warranty issues come down to the dealer and the REASON your car is in for service. For example, if your problem is with the latch on the back hatch I can’t see any logical reason to blame it on say a new engine pulley, but I promise there is a dealer out there that will argue it :rolleyes:

While I don’t have one yet myself I would only recommend the Perrin brand lightweight pulley. I’ve heard nothing but good about it.

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Yes welcome -- This place is great. :)

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Welcome Aboard! I would do just the pulley, leave everything else stock (unless you plan on doing shows, etc) Pulley is the only bolt-on that seemed to do anything for me. Dealer wouldn't think you had it if you didn't have bolt-ons all over your motor.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Welcome. Just keep the old one just in case.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.