Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, just purchased a well worn 2008 xB (~150K miles) been doing some work on it, topped off the oil with some marvel mystery thrown in, bled the brakes but one of the bleeder valves was rounded off, so I will try to replace, trying to remove cigarette smell and will be performing some detailing ASAP, and gonna see if the suspension is really hosed, lots of bangs and thumps when hitting bumps, its got some dents here and there, so gonna try my hand at some pdr. Battery light is on the dash. but it seems to be charging, OBD2 reader didn't come up with any recent codes, will try another bluetooth reader and ph app. Hitting the junkyards this weekend to look for door control switch and the wiper module for intermittent speeds. It's my first 4 cyl car, basically it's my son's 1st car, prolly my 8 car in my life. Glad to be part of the community!

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB Automatic
107 Posts
Welcome aboard!

As far as the bangs and thumps - Check around up front to see if your sway arm bushings are really worn, or like on my first gen, completely gone... :oops:

Bumps are really harsh, and mine feels like it's drifting if the passenger side wheels hit any questionable terrain. I'm hoping to fix it this weekend now that the weather has cooled down. It's my first vehicle I've owned with this problem, and luckily it's fairly easy to fix. (From the YouTube videos I've watched on it)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Greetings, just purchased a well worn 2008 xB (~150K miles) been doing some work on it, topped off the oil with some marvel mystery thrown in, bled the brakes but one of the bleeder valves was rounded off, so I will try to replace, trying to remove cigarette smell and will be performing some detailing ASAP, and gonna see if the suspension is really hosed, lots of bangs and thumps when hitting bumps, its got some dents here and there, so gonna try my hand at some pdr. Battery light is on the dash. but it seems to be charging, OBD2 reader didn't come up with any recent codes, will try another bluetooth reader and ph app. Hitting the junkyards this weekend to look for door control switch and the wiper module for intermittent speeds. It's my first 4 cyl car, basically it's my son's 1st car, prolly my 8 car in my life. Glad to be part of the community!
Welcome! ( Three months later) lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome aboard!

As far as the bangs and thumps - Check around up front to see if your sway arm bushings are really worn, or like on my first gen, completely gone... :oops:

Bumps are really harsh, and mine feels like it's drifting if the passenger side wheels hit any questionable terrain. I'm hoping to fix it this weekend now that the weather has cooled down. It's my first vehicle I've owned with this problem, and luckily it's fairly easy to fix. (From the YouTube videos I've watched on it)
I purchased some bushings, looks easy to access, I guess I will need to check if there needs to be any support issues. Thanks for the confirmation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts