Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a local electronics store today and picked up a few switches to play with. Cool thing is, there were two other xB's in the parking lot. (Orvacs in Fullerton) The pics suck because my camera doesn't go up real close with the flash. Both switches took some modding to get them into the stock holes but it turned out OK.

The switches control my fog lights and my stereo amp. If you look closely at the crappy pictures you'll see one has the symbol for a lamp and the other has a musical note. I'll let you guess which one is hooked up to which accessory. :rolleyes: The switches are connected to the interior lights and are illuminated when the lights are switched on. The on/off of the switch has no effect on the illumination.

Two problems I see so far. I worked my butt off to get the dash lights blue and now I have installed switches with the ugly orange color I tried so hard to replace. Secondly, I couldn't find a third switch with a icon that I could use for anything else in the Box. So I either have to use a different looking switch or leave the third hole open (or plugged depending on how you look at it). I am going to try and mod the light bulb or change the orange plastic to blue. I'll update as that effort goes along.

With no further delay here are the crappy pictures.......

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Orvacs....the toy store for electronics! :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
You guys do know that Lowes carries a direct replacement for those holes? If you go to the electrical section, they are there, usually in a small display box under the zip ties. Its a black rocker switch, and sells for about 2 bucks. I can get them here and ship them if need be.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CBSIMONSEZ said:
You guys do know that Lowes carries a direct replacement for those holes? If you go to the electrical section, they are there, usually in a small display box under the zip ties. Its a black rocker switch, and sells for about 2 bucks. I can get them here and ship them if need be.
Yup, already had two of them in the console but I was looking for something with a light in it. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts