Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not exactly new, but I recently purchased a 2009 SuperWhite with 20k miles. Unfortunately it's in the shop right now to replace the computer after I noticed that the factory cruise wasn't working. The week before that the bracket holding the shocks in the rear end came loose, resulting in a terrible hammer sound in the rear end. I figure once I work out all the bugs, I'll have a nice car on my hands. I do love the car, and love that there aren't about a million of them on the roads in the parts where I live.

Just wanted to introduce myself as I've been more or less observing on this forum for the past couple of weeks as I learn more and more about my Xb. This forum is what helped me determine that it was time to trade in my Dodge Ram and go with something a little bit more fun an economical. After seeing the benefits of owning an Xb, weighing in how much I loved the first gen Xb when it came out, and then calculating that I was spending over $500/month in gas.... the switch just made sense.

Now if only I could get it out of the shop :) Thanks for the great resource/forum on these great cars!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot! I can't believe how improved my gas budget has become. My SuperWhite has been in the shop for the past couple of days waiting on the new computer, but I can't wait to get back to it. I'll miss the 4x4 of the Ram but the Super White is a lot more fun to drive.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm about 20 minutes north of the Ann Arbor area. In fact, my xB is currently living in Ann Arbor at the Dunning dealer. Took me forever to find a used xB with the options I wanted in this area, and then I stumbled on what at a local used car lot. It's odd to me that even Scion dealers around here lack in _any_ used Scions... I can find tCs like crazy, and they are nice cars.... but I have always loved the xB since the first gens were out. The only xBs I could fin in this area for many weeks were automatics or quite high mileage... and long distances away.

Thanks for the welcome! Glad to hear there's a few box drivers around here!

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Gen 2 xB did not sell well in the area so not many to be traded in on new cars in the area. Glad you found what you were looking for.

Any plans for the ride?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually I have heard that as the possible reason why there are no boxes around... Couple with the fact that we are infested with GM and Ford supporters who think anything without a domestic badge can't be "American made" seems to have hurt the sales of these things around here....

As for the ride - I haven't decided what my first mod would be but I would like to get some new rims for it for sure. I definitely like the black + white theme the previous owner had going and love the interior of the car so I would like some rims other than the white hubcaps that would continue along with that idea. I also think I am going to remove the black vinyl around the windows as the previous owner had some window shields that chewed up the vinyl pretty good when they were removed.

I assume I'm much more geriatric than most xB owners (30 years old) and as such I like a much more clean look. I'm sure once I can actually drive the car I'll start to get some ideas. Until then, I'm just waiting to get it back :)

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Actually 30 is not old for scion owners. Check out HD wheels, let me know if you see any you like and I can get price for you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually 30 is not old for scion owners. Check out HD wheels, let me know if you see any you like and I can get price for you.

Thanks, ogerdgonz! I am looking at the site now and am somewhat staggered by the options available there. This might take awhile to look through :)

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Welcome to the club !! Good looking box ya got and I know that once you do start to drive her, you will not be able to stop !!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks dubeexb06, I have actually been trawling for info on this site for weeks and am quite impressed by some of the creativity that has been shown here. The amount of modification that can be done to these things is impressive considering I bought my box out of the extraordinary utility these cars offer. I can't wait to have fun with it and hopefully the dealer will release it from its prison early next week. Until then, I'm drivin' mom's CRV.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd just like to get her back so I can take some decent pictures of her! Last I heard they are replacing the computer due to an issue relating to the factory cruise not working. I will see what they say on Monday though :( Driving a CRV is not nearly as fun!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts