Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I replaced the Scion Pioneer iPod stereo in my Box today with a new Alpine head unit and a Kenwood amp. The installation took the better part of two days because I wanted to hide as much of the install as possible and I had to remove the control wire harness for the Pioneer unit.

Taking out the seats made the amp installation much easier.

I had to remove the iPod connector from the center console and install the new one from Alpine. Not as smooth as the Scion interface but it's cool. While I was working on the console I replaced the push button for the under dash lights with a switch that matches the ones I installed in my dash.
Old switch...

New switch...

All the new dash switches...

I have one of the switches connected to the fog lights and one connected the led's in my headlights. The third switch is just a dummy right now.

Here's the Box with the interior lights on...

And I installed cold cathodes in my sub woofer, also connected to the center console switch.

So anyway, here is the finished product:

The battery terminal is getting a little full....

Oh, and I installed my new oil cap...

I still have the stock speakers with 2 10 inch subs in a dual band pass box and it sounds pretty good. I'll be upgrading the speakers in the next few weeks. The Kenwood amp works great and was a perfect fit under the passenger seat.

:)

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Looks like alot of work!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Did you put any noise deadner in why you had the interior out. I picked up 120 sq feet of e-dead and what a difference in the amount of roadnoise.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Skeeter said:
Did you put any noise deadner in why you had the interior out. I picked up 120 sq feet of e-dead and what a difference in the amount of roadnoise.
It would have been a much better idea to do that all at once wouldn't it? I didn't have the material when I put in the stereo but it is on my list of things to do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
nice setup

I payed $1500 for mine. I just didn't want to mess up a brand new car.
But I wish I had the time to do as good of job as you have done.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, I've since added another 1000 watt amp under the driver seat and built my own custom enclosure for the two tens.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
madmaxb said:
:D looks good /were did ya get that carbon fiber dash piece at or is it stick on kit :)
It's the over priced option from the dealer. It had covers for the two front door switch plates and the shifter ring. It's now in OMC's ride and looking awesome with all his other C/F stuff. My stuff is all white now.

Unless it's dark outside....

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I would have put my amp under the seat, but it lights up all puurty, so its on my box...I plan on making it "float" Lets see them tenz

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Big_Kokujin said:
I would have put my amp under the seat, but it lights up all puurty, so its on my box...I plan on making it "float" Lets see them tenz
I built this enclosure before the air was installed, I'm working on a new plan that involves 4 tens.

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
Well from one project to another - Its a never ending battle Taz......4 10's huh...............hmmmm reminds me of the days of my 4-12's under the back seat of my 1500............We like the cars the cars that go Boom.........

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I liket that setup...I think I might try and do something like 6 eights or something...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.