Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Check out these Stealth turn signal bulbs, no more ugly amber bulbs.

They look chrome until in use and then they light up amber just like they are supposed to.

You can get you some at www.zetaproducts.net

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I got these at Pep Boys last year for about ten bucks. I love 'em!

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
Hey I just cleared my headlights this morning. I'm going to get some silverstar ones tomorow at advance auto parts.

·
Registered
546 Posts
i just got some Led turn signal bulbs but I was told that I would need a resistor or else I will blow fuses...is this true?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
pimptastic jon! i like your headlights man, did you smokem out or something different?

stephanie, im rockin the Sylvanias in my turns. Good bulbs.

scotty

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
I got these at Pep Boys last year for about ten bucks. I love 'em!

PEP BOYS THATS IT TAZ I HAVE THE SAME

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
BigWill184 said:
i just got some Led turn signal bulbs but I was told that I would need a resistor or else I will blow fuses...is this true?
ASK TAZ THE LED KING

·
Registered
365 Posts
Sorry to threadjack but I thought I could help BigWill184 out on his issue with LED bulbs and give some others my experience with them. If you want a great place to order high quality LED's at really good prices look up Velocity LED's on Ebay.

I had all LED's for my turnsignals as well as side marker lights. The problem you'll run into is that the LED's draw far less power than the stock filament bulbs and will cause your blinking rate to increase because the computer thinks you have a blown, or damaged, bulb. I installed a relay built for LED use and it cures the rapid blinking rate and all the LED's functioned just like th bulbs they replaced. You can get the relay here: http://www.superbrightleds.com/tail-brake-turn.html
Just scroll down to electronic LED flasher, click on it and it is the last one on the list.

Only problem I had was that the light pulses on the lock and unlock of the doors didn't work.

Hope this helps, threadjack over:)

·
Registered
546 Posts
WVxB said:
Sorry to threadjack but I thought I could help BigWill184 out on his issue with LED bulbs and give some others my experience with them. If you want a great place to order high quality LED's at really good prices look up Velocity LED's on Ebay.

I had all LED's for my turnsignals as well as side marker lights. The problem you'll run into is that the LED's draw far less power than the stock filament bulbs and will cause your blinking rate to increase because the computer thinks you have a blown, or damaged, bulb. I installed a relay built for LED use and it cures the rapid blinking rate and all the LED's functioned just like th bulbs they replaced. You can get the relay here: http://www.superbrightleds.com/tail-brake-turn.html
Just scroll down to electronic LED flasher, click on it and it is the last one on the list.

Only problem I had was that the light pulses on the lock and unlock of the doors didn't work.

Hope this helps, threadjack over:)
thanks for the help....

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
hahahaha, thats funny!

i got the silverstars ans am happy with em

·
Registered
365 Posts
You will only need one relay for all your lights, it replaces the factory one on the fuse panel under the dash.

Hope that helps, later!

·
Registered
367 Posts
FYI - You can just spray your amber bulbs with some silver paint. Just use 1, 2 coats MAX and they look just like those pictured, light up amber, but are a fraction of the price.

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
I got my silverstar corner bulbs $9.99 for the pair. They have a blueish color to them but light up amber. I'm very pleased with them and the cost.
Here is a pic w/ them off

and one with them on

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.