Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my Cups arrived. 15x7. 195/45/15. I'm dropped on eibach prokit springs. And there's a sizeable gap--almost 4 fingers worth. I'm kinda bummed about it. So I'm asking for advice. What should I do? Let me preface by saying that I will--irregardless of which option--space out the back, probably 10mm and run -3 camber. Front will stay the same (maybe -1.5).
Options:
1. Change Springs to Goldline--but will this leave me with 1 finger gap (my target cz of where I live)
2. Change to higher profile tires--like 55 or 60 series
3. Combination of above 2
4. Go coilover
5. Go air

I want to still be relatively quick and still have optimum gas consumption, so air is maybe a no cz of the added weight (but it will allow me to slam my car for those special times and ride high when I need to clear the ramp onto my apartment).

Well, what do you guys think? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
What offset are the ATS cups in 15x7?

I say go coilovers. You can cruise lower than a lot of bag setups Ive seen, and itll ride way better. Itll let you choose. Goldlines are a good starter drop, but theres always the "mod bug" thatll kick in later that says "go lower". Check out Progress for a cheap SLAMMED decent handling kit, or a moderately low but AWESOME handling Tein kit if you want the cheaper ones. Both are under a grand.

scotty

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
I would recommend 205/50/15 - still the lo-pro look but a bit taller and throw on some goldlines. I'll be rocking the Axis Oldskools w/ 205/50/15's once they arrive state side...........

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
EticketXb said:
I would recommend 205/50/15 - still the lo-pro look but a bit taller and throw on some goldlines. I'll be rocking the Axis Oldskools w/ 205/50/15's once they arrive state side...........
Where are they arriving stateside from? I always just guessed Axis were made in the US.

205 might be a better choice than 195, but Id still suggest coilovers with it. Also, if you got the 20 offset, Id recommend 15mm spacing, with no camber for the good flush look, or if you got the 28, I recommend 25mm studded spacers.

scotty

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Just my opinion, coilovers (or if you can afford it, air), and prolly 205/50s.

But then again, I think it looks pretty darn nice in the above pics!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Someone needs a CHILL PILL ; )

toyotaxb said:
The steelie look is what you like you say?? It looks cool?

WTF ARE YOU THINKING???? GIVE ME A F***ING BREAK!!!!
Let me guess...you're rollin' DEEYYAAP (deep:D ) on 20s with the infamous 20" emblem on your fender. No need to answer as I'm sure I'm correct. Wait--probably 22s and your fenders and tires are shot to shi+ LOLS!!!

Well, back to the topic on hand. Got 205/50s today. Finger gap is down to about 2. Yeah--I agree--I need to space the rear some. Maybe just 10mm and -1.5 camber so no rubbing issues. Front willl probably stay the same. It's already poking some and I'm sure I'll kick up debris to my sides...

I'll update as progress comes along. Oh, and this was pretty much the only XB site I've recently cared to visit....NOW THERE ARE TROLLS..AARGH!:eek:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
toyotaxb said:
The steelie look is what you like you say?? It looks cool?

WTF ARE YOU THINKING???? GIVE ME A F***ING BREAK!!!!
WOW:eek: PLEASE POST SOME PIC'S OF YOUR TOYOTA XB ?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
alright lets not get too offtopic. nothing but love on the site here guys! :)

parties involved have been spoken to. lets just drop it.

scotty

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
ScionScotty said:
Where are they arriving stateside from? I always just guessed Axis were made in the US.
Scotty - The Axis wheels are made where most of the aftermarket wheels are made these days - CHINA/JAPAN - There are very few wheel manufactures making wheels in the states. Even Amercian Racing has moved operations to Mexico. Only the billet guys are still making wheels here in America. ETA from the land of the rising sun is Mid to Late December..... But being in the Container Shipping buisness I know that will change.....probably first of 07.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
BoxerRebellion said:
oh and don't listen to haters. Cups are retro pimp status. JDM types may not get it but Euro headz know the deal :)
Yeah--been Eurasian since the day I was born (not only in race..Dad is from Spain, but in cars, too ;) First modded car was a BM 2002tii, then a sentra se-r, then a corona, then numerous watercooled V-dubs/Audis (most generations, most motor-swapped) then went into the business of resto-customizing classic mini coopers (most land of the rising sun flavored, read:
mini freak http://www1.tmtv.ne.jp/~cmf/),...which I guess is the style my box is headed toward. It started out sort of roddish, with chrome bits and whitewalls and moonies, then stockies with beauty rings, then a deal came up with these 'Cups...couldn't pass them up and IMHO, they really suit the 'box.

Here's a rabbit I had back in the day:

And a mini I just got done with and sold:

Well, hoping to score on some Goldline's by tomorrow. It'll be the weekend project.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts