Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a salvage yard that had immaculate tan leather lexus seats they are from a 1997 and i was wondering if i need to get custom brackets or if they will fit on in the stock location.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Its probally going to take alot of modication which includes drilling, cutting, and fabricating some new seat brackets. Also its really hard to tell without putting the seats in the xb and seeing what kind of fabrication is necessary. I think its a much easier alternative to go with a set of racing seats which you can buy a set of premade brackets.

·
Super Moderator
16,212 Posts
admin said:
Its probally going to take alot of modication which includes drilling, cutting, and fabricating some new seat brackets. Also its really hard to tell without putting the seats in the xb and seeing what kind of fabrication is necessary. I think its a much easier alternative to go with a set of racing seats which you can buy a set of premade brackets.
Gotta agree with ya on this one. Is it worth the trouble to make them fit? :confused:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Yep, you'll need new brackets, and then you will need to feed them power and transfer the weight sensor from the passenger seat so the airbag will pop. It's doable, but will be expensive.

-Alex

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
when i get my racing seats in they will re-use modified stock seat parts to mount. gotta keep my under-seat subs !

·
Registered
50 Posts
what do you think about using a PT crusier seats? I have access to some 2006 leather seats with arms rest. Do you think this is an easy switch out or I would I need to do major fabrication too?
Thanks for info.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
no matter what seats u use it'll require hacking up yer stock seats and teh new seats and then welding them together.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
i haven't no. :( i'll be hacking up my stock seat so as that i can still use my underseat subs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts