Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed to get my brake pads replaced so i decided to check around to see how much it would be for just the installation as I would be getting the pads on my own. i got price quotes from $130-250 wtf? so anyways i decided i'm just gonna do it myself and then decided to get new rotors as well.

found a good deal on ebc rotors and hawk hps pads

gotta put this...

...on this

will post pics when its done :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why is it all the jackasses i checked out want so much money for such a simple install?

looking nice how long did it take you to do the install?

also are those tein basics?

·
Registered
759 Posts
why is it all the jackasses i checked out want so much money for such a simple install?

looking nice how long did it take you to do the install?

also are those tein basics?
i think there tein street i dont know i just payed for them they were 1000.00 install
but i did the brakes

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Nice! You won't believe how simple the swap is.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
How do you like the performance???

I was thinking of upgrading the rotors and to project mu brake pads once mine get a little more worn.

I only have 8k miles on my box so I still have ways to go...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Im looking for some EBC rotors right now. Mind telling where I can get a set?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the picture in the first post is the ebc rotors i got them off autoanything.com for 153 shipped. i also had a coupon so i used that for the hawk brake pads that i got from them too.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
cuz i put mine on backwards at first too. then i looked at it and it didnt look right. so i called ebc and they told me that if you sit in the drivers seat the slots should be curling towards you. if you look closely at the first post the rotor has an R stamp on it. I did the install in a poorly lit garage and didnt see it prior to installation.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Slotted and drilled rotors are like directional tires. Look at the rotation and if it doesn't look right then you put them on the wrong sides, no big just switch them. You just don't want to leave them that way. Here's a close up of my wheel you can see the rotor and the direction the slots should be pointing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.