Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
new radiator hose kit (updated with intake)

well last night me and my friend put in my new samco hose kit its only three pieces and i must say what a pain in the ass it was. It took us about 4 hours to get done. Ill post pics in a little bit but I have to say that hose clamps that toyota uses and the biggest pieces of crap and are near impossible to get off. I had to take like half the car apart just to be able to reach everything but I must say it looks very nice.

·
NorCal - East Bay Area
1,454 Posts
I know - Thread revival!

I know this is an old thread, but I need some updated info on replacing the radiator hoses.

Just got a new aftermarket silicon radiator hose kit. It's 3 hoses (you can see two of them in the pics above) but there's a third one that sits in the bottom on the left (passenger) side. What is the best way to replace this hose? It's really tight space and just want to know if I need to remove the bumper and plastic to get access before I do all the work and find out it's not necessary.

Thanks in advance!

·
NorCal - East Bay Area
1,454 Posts
I dont see how it took that long, i have the perrin kit and it only took me an hour at most. The perrin kit is a 5 piece kit
Well, for one, I didn't have the correct tools, the pliars I had just sucked and took forever to remove the oem clamps. That was the only part that took time. Plus, the last hose only took 15 minutes to finish. I did the other two hoses two days ago.

·
I'm Marcel NOT Stenger
10,639 Posts
i wasnt actually talkin about you awinter, i was refering to the 1st post. I had the right tool to take them off and it took me a couple trys on each clamp

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.