Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Blah.. :D
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im thinking on getting some aftermarket racing seats... but as far as installing goes, i think i can do it myself.. but my question is if i have to get some mounting brackets for em or do the seats come with some or can i use the stock ones?? come on ppl.. lil help here.. :D

ahh one other thing... will i still be able to use my stock seatbelts or am i gonna need to get some harnesses? whats the deal with that??

·
Registered
679 Posts
sparco makes some seat bases that you can use and you will need a set of sliders for the seat you use. Most seats are sold by themselves and come with no mounting hardware.

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sparco makes some seat bases that you can use and you will need a set of sliders for the seat you use. Most seats are sold by themselves and come with no mounting hardware.
ahh that sucks... ive seen some seats at kragen.. and i liked em but not sure if they come with hardware..

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
guess no one cares...
:: cries ::

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Most new seats come with sliders, the brackets you will have to buy about $100.00. And yes you can use stock seatbelts.
ahhh nice... good looking out... any sliders u recommend?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I have another question to add here. If you were to use harness with your racing seats. How would you connect them in a xb? well that is where would you connect the back straps?

I want to get some but I need to get them wide enough to fit me. I want a style that reclines that you can also use both setups with. I.E. you seatbelt or harnesses. Anyone have any sugestions on which are some good seats to get?

·
Registered
916 Posts
I have another question to add here. If you were to use harness with your racing seats. How would you connect them in a xb? well that is where would you connect the back straps?

I want to get some but I need to get them wide enough to fit me. I want a style that reclines that you can also use both setups with. I.E. you seatbelt or harnesses. Anyone have any sugestions on which are some good seats to get?
If your gonna use some Harness seat belts, you will need to get a harness bar. i actually have one for sale so PM if your interested. As for seats, i dunno your body size, but Sparco Torino 2's are adjustable and quite comfortable and can fit most ppl's body size.

·
Registered
284 Posts
What Is A Good Adjustable Racing Seat As Well As What Is A Good Harness 4 Point And A 5 Point

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
when i had racing seats I used sparco harness. they were 4 point and had the option of the fith belt between the legs.

as far as seats go adjustable corbeau makes some that are not to badly priced. Of course you can go more expensive and get sparco, recaro, or bride.

It just depends on how big or small you are.

Me i'm still trying to find a good wide seat thats adjustable. i've just been to lazy to really look hard lol.

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no way of using the aftermarket seats with the stock brackets?? as in put the aftermarket seat sliders into the stock brackets?? will they fit??

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I doubt the holes will match up. I am wondering the same thing myself. Maybe you can drill some new holes intto the sliders to match up with the stock brackets somehow? if you find out any more info on that post it up. i'll do the same. I think I am going to get some seats soon so this info would be help full.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
You want to PM Cravin, he just put in new seats and a bar...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts