Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New mods for Sunday...billet grills and wiper removal

4K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  yellow_sub 
#1 ·
The sun isn't shining, and the Angels' have lost three in a row to the Dodgers so I had to do something to make myself feel better. I won some Billet lower grills at the Longo Triathlon and put them on a few weeks ago. I didn't think they fit the look of my PW so I painted them white.

Then after running with them for a week, I decided that I didn't care for the posts being painted white...so I painted them black, by hand, with model paint and a little paint brush.

Personally, I think it looks much better.

Then I decided to take off the rear wiper. Thanks to Dion for steering me to the plugs at Pep Boys. I used the largest one in the pack and painted it to match the Box. After clear-coating it, I installed it with the tabs and lots of sealant to keep out the moisture. I'm happy with this mod until I can get it shaved. A total expense of about five bucks for this mod.

I'm still working on the taillight mods, should be done with those by next weekend. (I hope)

See less See more
#27 ·
Big_Kokujin said:
I've been thinking. if i ever removed the rear wiper, that means no use for the fluid nozzle. i would relocate it to the wiper hole and have it pointing toward the car behind me, so when they get too close, like a cobra, i would spit on the a little...
I did that back in the day with my Mustang (65). I bought a spare water tank and electric pump, ran the nozzle to the front grill. I could spray water onto the back window of the car in front of me and they couldn't figure out where it came from. Good times. :D

#30 ·
DodgerGirl said:
So I guess we'll be seeing some more mods the weekend of June 31 -July 2?
lol thats a good one! the way the angels are playing this season i'm expecting to see his car a custom one off show car soon!!!:D

#33 ·
surfcitylocal said:
Freeway series Baby...not in my house you don't! :D
Hey you accidently posted the wrong A!!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.