Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sun isn't shining, and the Angels' have lost three in a row to the Dodgers so I had to do something to make myself feel better. I won some Billet lower grills at the Longo Triathlon and put them on a few weeks ago. I didn't think they fit the look of my PW so I painted them white.

Then after running with them for a week, I decided that I didn't care for the posts being painted white...so I painted them black, by hand, with model paint and a little paint brush.

Personally, I think it looks much better.

Then I decided to take off the rear wiper. Thanks to Dion for steering me to the plugs at Pep Boys. I used the largest one in the pack and painted it to match the Box. After clear-coating it, I installed it with the tabs and lots of sealant to keep out the moisture. I'm happy with this mod until I can get it shaved. A total expense of about five bucks for this mod.

I'm still working on the taillight mods, should be done with those by next weekend. (I hope)

·
Registered
827 Posts
Nice!! Man, youre on a roll this week!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
rear end looks alot better without the [useless] wiper. The plug that you used...is that one of the plugs that comes in a chrome finish? I want my wiper gone but I've been lookin for a good plug to use.

If I can't find a good plug I'll stick a camera back there!:D

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cf2 said:
rear end looks alot better without the [useless] wiper. The plug that you used...is that one of the plugs that comes in a chrome finish? I want my wiper gone but I've been lookin for a good plug to use.

If I can't find a good plug I'll stick a camera back there!:D
It is one of the chrome ones that you can get at Pep Boys. Dion told me about them. I painted my to match and then clear coated it.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Lookin' good!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ThunderGod said:
theres no stopping surfcitylocal now. unstoppable! ;)
Um, uh, sure, OK, :D Thanks for the compliment Mr. Retractable Splitters!!!
I believe you Sir, are the pacesetter here.

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yellow_sub said:
looks great! the plate frame i could do with out but other than that i love love it!
I had my Angels cap on all day too. Nice of you guys to Give Barry his 714th. NOT :D

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
MrSparkle said:
post up the part number for that wiper plug. I have been wanting to get rid of mine!!
mrsparkle, you can these plugs from OSH Hardware store, either in plastic blck, or chrome plate plugs for bout under a dollar.
if your gonna be at northridge show, i have a spare i can give ya.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I've been thinking. if i ever removed the rear wiper, that means no use for the fluid nozzle. i would relocate it to the wiper hole and have it pointing toward the car behind me, so when they get too close, like a cobra, i would spit on the a little...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.