Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following the fitting of LED light strips on my 4 doors, I decided that the boot cargo area need to be lit up. The LED light strip fit the area perfectly, 3 feet long, right across the lower inner edge... words cannot describe, of course pics can show what I meant........

Here's how the LED light strip looks like....

This picture shows the LED on my driver side door "under-ledge".

Okay some of you might ask how bright the light are actually.... in dark condition, i.e. dim street light in a parking lot, these lights are bright enough to lit the whole cargo area for you to see where to place your stuff. Of course when it is pitch dark, it would even be brighter, not not bright enough to overpower your eyesight.

·
Registered
485 Posts
nice mod. I just bought 12 cold cathode tubes for this very purpose last night. Just out of curiousity, what power source did ya tap into all the way back there?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Looks real good!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yellow_sub said:
kaptainE you always have some of the best ideas i may have to use this one too!
Yellow Sub, I think I must start charging you some money for stealing my ideas....kekkekeeeeeee:D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
backseatchris said:
nice mod. I just bought 12 cold cathode tubes for this very purpose last night. Just out of curiousity, what power source did ya tap into all the way back there?
cold cathode tubes IMHO are so outdated....... LED is way to go for now, until the next fad that comes along.....

Power source? well I really do not know, the mod was done by a friend in a sound shop, I just gave instructions and he fit them accordingly. BTW, the 3 feet LED strip is about US$60.00.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
KapitanE said:
Yellow Sub, I think I must start charging you some money for stealing my ideas....kekkekeeeeeee:D
man i owe you a good amount of money then!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yellow_sub said:
man i owe you a good amount of money then!

:D :D so when can I expect payment..... a new idea just struck me this morning.... hope to get that in place this week..... well, my new idea will sure will make you owe me more.....hahhahahaaaaa please wait patiently ....

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
KapitanE said:
:D :D so when can I expect payment..... a new idea just struck me this morning.... hope to get that in place this week..... well, my new idea will sure will make you owe me more.....hahhahahaaaaa please wait patiently ....
there's no way i can pay you for your ideas! i spent it all on buying the parts to copy your ideas! LOL:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.