Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,860 Posts
I've been doing those on my cars for years. Everytime I head to Japan, I pick up a couple sets in different styles. I like the flat chrome ones the best. Got them on all three cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
974 Posts
I haven't checked to see if this works on the xB or not, but what I used to do with my 4-door VW's is throw rear door handles on all four doors because the rear doors had no locks in them and they worked in the front doors.

EDIT: Won't work on our cars. The front handles have a longer housing to accomodate the lock.

But if you have a VW, have at it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
heathenbrewing said:
Ive been rockin' my for about 6 months now.

You can get 'em at PepBoys. $2.19 for a 4-pack I believe.
Went to peps & kreg they said W.T.F.
I NEED TO GET A SET BEFORE NEW PAINT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
short bus said:
Went to peps & kreg they said W.T.F.
I NEED TO GET A SET BEFORE NEW PAINT
Sorry...I should have been more specific.

They are not specifically called keyhole covers. I went to Pep Boys in Clairemont and they have a section that has fasteners, grommets, screws, nuts, manufacture specific parts (it is right next to the Toyota panel snaps, like what we have that holds the interior trunk cover to the trunk) , etc.

They are floor pan hole covers, or something along that line. I believe they are for GM autos.

Sorry for any confusion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
heathenbrewing said:
Sorry...I should have been more specific.

They are not specifically called keyhole covers. I went to Pep Boys in Clairemont and they have a section that has fasteners, grommets, screws, nuts, manufacture specific parts (it is right next to the Toyota panel snaps, like what we have that holds the interior trunk cover to the trunk) , etc.

They are floor pan hole covers, or something along that line. I believe they are for GM autos.

Sorry for any confusion.
NO MAN THATS COOL WILL TRY AGAIN
ANY PICS OF YOURS??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
ctruss said:
I haven't checked to see if this works on the xB or not, but what I used to do with my 4-door VW's is throw rear door handles on all four doors because the rear doors had no locks in them and they worked in the front doors.

EDIT: Won't work on our cars. The front handles have a longer housing to accomodate the lock.

But if you have a VW, have at it!

no. I checked on that before I even left the lot with it back in early '04. While I was still there I was just gonna go back to parts and get another set of rear handles. The fronts are noticably longer.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,213 Posts
heathenbrewing said:
Ive been rockin' my for about 6 months now.

You can get 'em at PepBoys. $2.19 for a 4-pack I believe.
Somehow, I knew you would see this! :D

I never even saw that mod 'til you showed me.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top