Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm from sc, I bought an 08 scion xb in September. Now I'm just starting to tweak it and make it my own

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
896 Posts
Welcome to the site. What mods are you considering? Post some pictures of the xB when you can.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From, what I have gathered the mod I most want to do is frowned upon. Lol I want to lift it a little, I scrape going over a leaf. Interning parking lots I fear one day I'll pole vault the car. I have painted my inserts and will take pics tomorrow.

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,448 Posts
Lifting it isn't as uncommon as you would think. You can actually order 1 or 2" lift spacers from Randode, or if you're more adventurous you can swap some of the RAV4 suspension over to the xB. Best bet would be to join the 'Lifted xBs' FB group, as they will have better answers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any idea how much work goes Into doing a lift? I'll have to look for that group

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,448 Posts
Any idea how much work goes Into doing a lift? I'll have to look for that group
If you just do the lift kit it's easy. For the front pull the struts and bolt the spacer in between the top hat and the strut tower. For the rear undo the bottom of the shock, put the spacer in between the spring and car and then bolt the shock back on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm minimally mechanically inclined lol I build golf carts. sounds pretty simple though. I'll have to google pics of the parts but I think I can do it. How much would this affect mpg? If u have any idea

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Our cars are not aerodynamic, so raising it an inch or two shouldn't affect it much at all. Just don't raise it too much causing the CV joints to start binding.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not sure if I wanna just do a couple of inches, or something like using rav 4 struts and shocks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts