Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone,
my name is Dustin and i live in B.C., Canada. i've always liked scions (mainly the xB) and i recently discovered that i am able to import a xB or xA up from the states. so if everything continues to go as planned i should be the owner of a RS 3.0 in less than 2 weeks. it's getting to the point where the excitement is almost killing me as i am 19 and this is my 1st huge purchase in my life. i've always been a fan of toyotas as my 1st vehicle was a 1980 toyota land cruiser fj40 (you can see that boxes appeal to me :D) and i currently drive a 1989 toyota levin gt-z imported right from japan. anayways, i just thought i'd introduce myself and i'll be sure to post pics of my ride once it crosses the border. thanks guys,
- Dustin

·
Registered
827 Posts
Welcome!! You gotta show pics when you get it.:)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Shout out to the Great White North, glad to have you here! Looking forward to seeing your new green.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the warm welcome guys. the parts are already starting to pile up for my xB. the main parts are new wheels/tires and OTG rear shims and 5mm spacers that'll be going on as soon as i get the vehicle. i'll be sure to post pics as soon as i get it. but for now i'll share a couple more pics.

1. here's a pic of my current vehicle, a 1989 toyota levin gt-z with my brother's old car, a 1990 suzuki alto works rs-x. in canada we have a 15 year rule for importation of vehicles that not from the U.S. therefore everyone is starting to import right hand drive cars from japan. skylines are so popular where i am they may as well have been sold in north america originally. :D

2. the good thing about all of the JDM importers around is easy access to possible rare or very cool JDM parts. i was able to score these right from japan. they're were going to go on my levin but they'll fit the xB. they are 15x6.5 TOM'S Intercepts mounted on 205/55r15 BF Goodrich g-force t/a KDWs.

3. i used my below average skills at photoshop to see what the wheels with look like and of course lowered the car a bit. :D

hope you guys like.
- Dustin

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Easy access to JDM stuff? :eek: I'm moving to Canada!

Nice wheels, Dustin! The camber shims will really make 'em stand out.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Welcome to da' Club!

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Wow that's awesome!! Canda is like part of Japan. I'm moving there!! LOL. Welcome to the club!!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Someone was selling a set of them Tom's on ebay awhile back, sweet wheel.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks again everyone. i am very excited to see what these Tom's wheels will look like all mounted in real life, the usual 4-spoke wheel i've seen on xBs seem to be the axis maglites.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello everyone,
I just got back from Edmonds with my new vehicle. Everything went very smooth and the vehicle is better than I imagined, good old #1258. here are a few pics along with a cool MR-S that was at the dealer, I was excited because we don't have that vehicle in Canada. :D

I'll have to start a new post when the wheels and other parts start going on.

Here's a pic pretty much right after the border (note the welcome to Surrey, B.C. sign)

- Dustin

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Sheesh you can buy living in Canada but I couldnt go to CA and buy one from NV! :(

Congrats tho! The green one rocks! :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.