Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up one of the ebay SRIs, and I must say i am impressed with its performance. It did add a little umph in the lower rpms. I noticed i was shifting a bit quicker than normal. and i could get to 100 a good bit quicker. Next I will see if i can get pas 110...the install was pretty easy. you have to take the driverside headlight out. it sucked because i couldn take the lower part of the stock airbox out because i didn't have the "proper tools" But I don plan on changing to a K&N filter...eventually...

the pics arent too goot, I'll take better ones later.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Looks just like an Injen clone, such as a YDR... How much did you spend on it? If you like it, got a good price on it and you got some umphhh out of it, you cant beat that.. Any reason you have your vaccuum hose going towards the front grill?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was like $40 shipped. I just stuck it under there to keep it from sticking up...

·
Registered
827 Posts
I have one of those in my garage, been meaning to put it on. I just may do that this morning :).

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Yeah, I'm thinkin about putting the Weapon R back on mine. I bought the long loopy injen style one off ebay. I'll probably have to use a smaller filter because the big dragon filter was pushing my wheel well liner into my tire due to my foglight.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i don't have custom fabbed foglight pockets, so thats not a prob for me... :p

·
Registered
140 Posts
yeah i have the same intake you do and i bought it on ebay-definetly agree that it boosted the power, especially when hauling from 2k up. I got mine for 15 bucks because he sent me the wrong color but i lived with it and he sent me money for the mix up. Yo, btw, youre supposed to trim the blue hose to fit correctly, thats what i did.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yo, btw, youre supposed to trim the blue hose to fit correctly, thats what i did.
:cool: i probably won't unless i need to.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I didn't trim the blue. I also have the TBS and the intake loops right over the battery perfect.

*Damn, so many intake threads. I'm talking about the long loopy one again. LOL

·
Registered
733 Posts
Guess I need to read up a lil more on xB intakes! Just picked my xB up last
week and looking at slowly adding a few goodies :D

Been looking at intakes on ebay and ran across this:

Whadaya guys think ?

BK, I see yours is mounted low in the bay, (I hardly spotted it, inexperienced eyes)
is that the way it should be mounted or should it be mounted high ?
The kit makes it look like it should be up top which doesn't make sense since
most of the heat in the bay is high in the compartment.........

Thanx !

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
With that one looks like it would come out from the tb then loop under it..but it looks complicated to me...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.